Illegal content-on ISI forums

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by INTEL48, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

Can ISI clarify please, this is not intended at anyone directly, question is to ADMIN of ISI forums, which this is one of them....ISI have stated, this is for scratch built or conversions...THAT HAVE PERMISSIONS, by all means post your LEGAL track/car WIP, , ........problem is with ISI, not us/we as modders, ISI seem to choose when to remove content as they feel, if illegal conversions are allowed to be posted here , and it is against THEIR guidelines for these forums, we ALL should respect that......would be nice if TIM could respond and sort this out, after all, he is the forum moderator I think...;.....and yes I do have illegal, and better converted tracks in my rf2 game, but in saying this, I would like people to have these track/car mods.....but they are listed on OTHER sites, NOT here.....as per ISI guidelines......ok lets see if ISI responds...end of the day, its up to us and admin to speak up , if ILLEGAL content is posted

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Way I see it is 4 variations, No Grip, ISI, RaceDepartment and "other" sites.

No Grip simply does not allow anything either a developer or modder does not give permission to use.
    Admin constantly monitor threads and check /authorize all uploads.

ISI to my way of thinking is much the same as No Grip?
    It is just they just don't monitor threads and posts as much and rely more on reporting.
    If no one reports anything ........well ?

RaceDepartment allow rips and no permission, huge database, no registration, make money from hits/ ads.

"Other Sites" allow rips and no permission, need registration, keep it among themselves and don't try to make money from it.

I think most sites would fit one or the other, like RSC/SRMZ are like No Grip etc

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Yeah, if you have an issue with something being posted here, just report it. One knucklehead posted a video and link here of ripped content from another developer and it was removed after I reported it.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

All sites will have exceptions to rules, take No Grip and Shift 2 Cars and others require a DVD check.

20 years I seen sites / groups try to come up with a time limit on needing to contact authors for permission.

Most legit modders will have permission requirements in the read-me.
    That should have most weight before sites and their rules are even considered.

Example: If you use anything ORSM or FVR or Jim Pearson ( lool ) you know you are doing the wrong thing as they make it patently clear not to do it in Public........ no matter what site you use.

5. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

So, basically over the last few months, ISI have relaxed their monitoring of these forums......now I mean no offence to any one using these forums, but Oran park, and Oulton, and Laguna, are from codies toca3 game, yes they have had a massive rework, and dont look anything like the original game format, BUT...they are still technically illegal tracks here on these forums...oran park has been here nearly as long as the game was released to public....what happens on other sites, is of no real concern HERE....I am talking about ISI only

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We remove content as it is reported. If people don't report something, we're not reading a report on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.