[REL] iDT 2005/2006 Champcar Lola

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by iDTDoug, Nov 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. redapg

redapg Registered

Normally, it shouldn't be a big Problem, to merge the Mapping and Textures to one single Texture.
    If you want, i can take a Look at it.

2. Chet

Chet Registered

Thanks for the detail reply Chris. Still enjoy this mod a lot.

vava74 likes this.
  3. vava74

vava74 Registered

The Lola and the Panoz are both brilliant and clearly deserving of some love... I actually wanted to update the materials on the Lola and even gave it a go, but I could not find the time to learn how to do it properly, so I had to park that idea.
    Unfortunately, I talk too much and do too little :confused:

4. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

Actually this would be doable nowadays I guess, looking forward for a future update in both Lola and Panoz cars tbf, specially the later being such an amazingly good looking car ;)

5. vava74

vava74 Registered

Lazza has already laid out the code for the P2P, not sure if above or on a separate thread to which he posted a link to...

6. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I have P2P for the Panoz prepped. I learned a lot with the Indy Lights car that I feel like I need to go over everything on the Panoz and see what I can improve on.

This Lola, hasn't been touched since 2016 or when ever the DX11 update came out. It was my first releasable conversion to rF2. Its going to be a lot of work to get it up to current standards. I want to do it, but I've had a lot of motivation lately on working on some club and lower formula level stuff lately.

I want to get the Indy Lights car better tires. I'm investigating on how to do that. Once I get that done, I'll be surfing around to see what peaks my interest.

7. Chris Lesperance

I'm officially announcing an update to this mod. To note, I reconverted the rF1 physics using @redapg rF2 tools, and it seems to have fixed any issues with the physics before. It feels great and appears to be more accurate from the Mod Dev physics graphics. He also remapped the car body and wings together so the mod would be able to utilize regions and IBL skins.

No ETA, but it is my currently active project :)

Attached Files:

makan, Emery, sg333 and 13 others like this.
  8. vava74

vava74 Registered

Giddy!!
    Just a quick remark: the image is small, but I feel that the body and the wing may be shimmering/reflecting a bit too much.

9. Chris Lesperance

I've noticed that too, but I think it is just the way the angle of the wing and the way rF2 does the reflections with that material setting. I haven't been able to dial it back with out affecting the rest of the car. If anybody has an idea, please let me know.

After a few weeks I'm nearly done. I just need to figure out the sounds and a shadow setting in the cockpit. Anybody have an AO map tutorial for blender? I think that'll fix the shadow issue (see last pic).

Like the Panoz DP01, this is using the rF1 skins. The shading is baked on and the region file is generic. But overall it looks good. This has some of my first real 3d modeling on it. Very simple stuff but it is a major first step for me. Lots of remapping to have the model use more of the features of rF2. Thank you @redapg again for remapping the car body model and the editing of the brake ducts.

One more question. I completely redid the file format and naming scheme. Would that break the mod as being an update, or should I reupload as a completely separate Workshop item? I changed the prefix for the .mas files from "ChampCarLola" to "LolaB0200_2002".

20221111134736_1.jpg 20221111141151_1.jpg 20221111142235_1.jpg 20221111142458_1.jpg 20221111143326_1.jpg 20221111145003_2.jpg

datasting, makan, GeraArg and 5 others like this.
  10. redapg

redapg Registered

If you want, i can bake an AO Map for it, but i will have to make it in a bit unusual Way.
    When i do it in the normal Way, there is nothing above of that Part, that would cast a Shadow on it, that appears on the AO Map.
    BTW Is there no Shadow from the Body or Shadow Mesh, that should be tagged as a Shadow Caster?

11. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

updated on steam. see changenote for template link

12. Chris Lesperance

iDT Simulations LLC
    Champcar 05-06 mod for rFactor 2.

iDT’s ChampCar Lola successfully recreates the ChampCar 2005-2006 season down to the smallest detail. Starting with a beautifully and painstakenly accurate 3D model, following to exact detail the race data derived physics and tire models.

This is a full rebuild of my original conversion. I have learned may things since then. IBL, Push to Pass is now implemented. New naming convention. Updates to almost every file.

Special thanks to:
    iDT Team: Original rF1 mod (individual listed once I find the list) Pierre and Doug
    @redapg: Overall assistance. Mapping and modeling updates. Too many other things to list
    ISI: DW12 Tire files

Bugs:
    - Internal sounds may be quiet. Waiting for documentation on the new rF2 sound system
    - Throttle blip to shift down is not implemented.
    - As the skins are using the rF1 skins with AO baked into the texture, it doesn't have the best qualitiy and does not implement _region.dds. All skins would need to be redone to full utilize all what rF2 has to offer.

Template Link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YC...LJA5jsTE43BxQAuglx-qjUmPO861Gaj6BzBzEsFyvgqPk
    ------------------------------

BY USING THIS MOD, YOU AGREE NOT TO MODIFY OR CONVERT THIS WORK FOR ANY OTHER
    FORMAT WITHOUT IDT PERMISSION. THIS MOD IS THE OFFICIAL MOD
    FROM IDT.

PLEASE SEE OUR FORUMS AT IDTSIMULATIONS.COM FOR SUPPORT.

ALL LOGOS AND NAMES ARE COPYRIGHT OF THIER RESPECTIVE ENTITIES AND
    ARE NOT TO BE MODIFIED."

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    makan, bigbad, jayarrbee36 and 11 others like this.
  13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Great work Chris, and good to See @iDTDoug is still alive & kickin'!

14. boxer

boxer Registered

is the update mod on steam?
    I only see the one from 2017...
    What is the menu group name "IDT" "INDYCAR 2007"? Version?

15. Emery

Emery Registered

The one on Steam from 2017 was updated, so if you're already subscribed, then you'll get the update automatically:
    upload_2022-11-17_17-20-52.png

16. boxer

boxer Registered

OK I found them... The cars are under "Lola" Category(folder).

Chris Lesperance and Emery like this.
  17. Emery

Emery Registered

Sorry I forgot to check the second half of your question! Glad you found them.

18. bears

bears Registered

these are a lot of fun… great effort to bring them in Rf2 thanks all involved

Chris Lesperance likes this.