I wonder if this appeals to anyone...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Woodee, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I know i don't have the skills for track making myself but I am sure a lot out there do plus there are many like myself that want to learn.

Does anyone with the knowledge and the facility to do livestreams of track making with user Q&A, hints and tips?

Does this idea appeal to anyone?

2. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Would like that somebody could do that but :( - suggested it while ago and only Mario Morais started kind of tut with his tools......

3. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

There are a tutorial for at least put a simple track in game, then you have Bob's Track Builder, never try it but everybodys says its pretty easy, you can start from that.

4. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Livestream might be difficult to arrange, but written tutorial of using 3ds max in trackmaking, exporting etc. might be coming in the future.

Cheers!

5. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I would like to do such livestream but with car modding in mind. Problem is that setting up a good footage with enough resolution and framerate is quite difficult when livestreaming.

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yu could probably get away with a modest resolution just as long as someone is commentating along with what they are doing and answering questions along the way. Kind of see it like an online track making class :)

7. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Some times use TeamViewer or skype sharescreen to do same support for my tools.

8. freew67

freew67 Registered

http://nsrs.jawcentral.com/forum/

This is my forum that I started for rf1. This will at least get you started on the very basics of a track. I have done an online class before with Teamviewer but its not always the best option. If starting from scratch on a roadie, could be an hour to 5 hours depending on the size of the track. Thats why I do ovals. :)

Hope this at least points you the right direction. Good Luck!

9. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

TrackLoading

I personally recommend freew67's site for great video tutorials. I've used them several times myself and he manages to cover several aspects and you should be able to get a track started quite easily if you have a basic knowledge of Max.