I see generally styled cars that should have custom skin and have no brakelights.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Silent_alarm, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Silent_alarm

Silent_alarm Registered

The topic pretty muchs says it all, i did a search, nothing looked like this.

When i'm racing online (i only play Renault Trophy) and someone has custom skin, all i see is a yellow box on wheels, looks Generally styled version of Trophy Megane, has no windows, rearwing or TAILLIGHTS! That's right, NO BRAKELIGHTS! So imagine how much "fun" it is to try and get past a vehicle like that when coming in corner. Usually it's no trouble when comin out of the corner but when you're trying to take over when going in to the corner or just follow in corner as close as you can to gain advantage to the next straight, you don't get any signal from braking, realize the braking too late and after that you usually end up tailgating the guy in front of you and you ruin the race for both, or even more if the collision gets massive and you're in front of the pack.

I don't consider this as as wish list stuff. I think it's a urgent bug because it affects the racing so much.

So i have a proposition, i don't care about the custom skins, they don't affect the handling and i'm not in any team, so what if you'd do the next thing?

Proposed Fix:

If Player A doesn't have the skin that Player B has, Player A would see a presetted default skin, preferrably the first one that's available. Then Player A would also see brakelights.

Thank you in advance, you're doing great work none the less ^^

2. argo0

argo0 Registered

I thought the yellow skinned cars were players that had just entered the server, the game only loading the simple skins to avoid any lag that may be caused by new players entering the track.

3. Silent_alarm

Silent_alarm Registered

Well if it should work like that, then it doesn't work for me. Also i made a bit of questioning and few players online sayed that it's because of custom skin. That's also what i'm thinking because there is no exeption, when there's a some sort of Team ID in the player name, i usually se that simplified car through whole racing weekend because they use custom team skins. The situation fixes when they swap back to normal skins supplied with the mod.

4. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

What you're seeing is indeed a temp car of a player who joined while you are on track. The full car will be loaded when you return to the garage, exiting realtime. If he's using a custom skin which you don't have, it should still load the original skin on your system. I'll try testing this myself next week.

5. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Same issue was reported mins ago in the italian sub forum, as the custom skins were unrelated to their default skin but always looking as temp cars.