I Give Up

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by aldrew, Jan 27, 2012.

1. aldrew

aldrew Registered

I cannot get the game to work with any playable frame rate, after trying every combination of settings, tricks, fixes, etc. In fact, the game is not performing worse than it did with I originally installed it. I cannot figure out why. I have tried changing the settings in the ATI CCC, in the game, even putting the settings down low.

Right now the FPS is dropping from 50 in some cases, but not consistently to 8 or 9 fps within a few feet on a track. Also, all of a sudden there is a thumping noise with the 60's F1 car.

I think I have a pretty decent system, and do not expect to be having these issues. I can run GTR Evo Steam version with the settings maxed and get 100 fps. Scratching my head as to why I cannot get any usable fps in rfactor2.

In case anyone is curious here is my system:

i7 920 overclocked to 4ghz
    12 Ram
    ATI HD5850 Video card, with moderate overclock
    Triple screens with Triplehead2go
    Asus motherboard with realtek audio
    G25 Wheel

I have updated every driver I can think of and no luck with anything. Even did a scan for malware and viruses. Very frustrating. Hope the next update helps with this.

2. Kwik

Kwik Registered

Why don't you just use the 5850 to run the 3 screens.Maybe the Triplehead2go is causing the problem.

3. aldrew

aldrew Registered

I am thinking of trying that, but I need one of monitors to have an hdmi cable as opposed to a dvi. But I am thinking it may be the triplehead2go, but not sure. I just did a system restore to a few days before I installed rfactor2 and a but of drivers and I am going to start over and see what happens. I will keep all posted.

Thanks for the suggestion.

4. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

Set your OC back to standard, test it. Than back to OC.

5. aldrew

aldrew Registered

will try that. thanks

6. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

This may have been specific to my system but no matter what changes I made to the global ATI CCC profile I did not get decent frame rates until I used RadeonPro to create a profile for rFactor2. I think something is screwy with my ATI CCC install but it works great now!

7. aldrew

aldrew Registered

Interestingly, I did a system restore to before I originally installed rfactor2 and then reinstalled it and now I am getting decent frame rates of 50 fps plus. Don't understand why. I will continue to tweak things and try different ideas, including the RadeonPro.

8. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

:D yeah, i read it in another thread and it gives me about 5-10 more fps :D