I don't get why I'm DQ and can't finish a qualifying session

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DanMicke, Jan 2, 2021.

1. DanMicke

DanMicke Registered

Sorry. I'm quite new to rFactor2 and might miss some basics here and try to solve problems with intuition but this seems so strange I have to ask for some shortcut to build up my knowledge of how to handle a session.

Thing is I picked two different cars and tracks (with track layouts I'm used to from GPL) and started to train just to get into the game. But I can't see any reason why I find my self DQ after just a couple of laps without any logical reason? Strange messages is displayed on lower left screen that I just can't rely to and therefore I don't know what to do.

For example: Even with just one warm up lap and an additional first full lap I saw some message (had'nt time to read it all) 'Enter pitch to avoid lap exceeding...' I was then noted DQ without even have a chance to do a full lap!??! And next time I tried and just entered the finish straight a message 'Wrong way' !!??!

This happens on another track and with another car as well and I'm allways interupted in my attempts to really set a time to qualify. Most irritating on lung tracks like Touris Ring!

I tried to set 'rules' to 'Just Black Flag' but it doesn't matter. I'm DQ over and over and can't se the slightest reason why. Please tell me what basic understanding I'm missing here?

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Sometimes there are penalties for speeding in the pits and a DQ happens after not serving that penalty.

The black box on the bottom right (if you click to the right screen) it will tell you the penalty you have, what you need to do to clear it and how long you have before DQ.

In the top right of your screen you will sometimes get a red warning about a track infraction. Similar place that a yellow/blue/chequered flag might appear.

3. Jarno

Jarno Registered

Don't you have a maximum laps set at the session settings?
    I had it before when setting max 3 qualify laps. After this i had to go to pits to avoid a DQ

4. Audere est facere

Audere est facere Registered

Enter pitch to avoid.... means that you where dqd in quali session due to the matter of fact you did run more laps than allowed. check for your settings in quali session.

its important to know in which session you have been disqualified to help.

5. DanMicke

DanMicke Registered

Thougt so and started to be very slow before leaving pits. Didn't matter. I will check the icons you mewntion. Thank's.

6. DanMicke

DanMicke Registered

Fond just that setting where a session at Tourist Ring was set to 1 lap. It probably was last time I was DQ but as I can recall it I first did the looong warmup lap and started the first timed öap and was DQ even before that was finsihed. But I will change that to 3 or more laps and see if anything changes but have to do that another time as I have to leave right now. Thank's.

7. DanMicke

DanMicke Registered

Might be that 'max lap' setting mention in reply above, but makes it a Moment 22 on a track like Tourist Ring as the first long lap is warm up as time set starts first time you done that lap and I was DQ before I could finsih that. But as said I will later try to set that to 'max 3' or so.

But to conclude: A setting of max lap prohibits any more laps before returning to pit? It was default '1' wich I find a bit stupid as you probably will go for a couple of laps to warm up tires? But did I understand that right?

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yes max laps in qually prevents doing a lot of timed laps. For example I have it set to 12 and have to come into the pits on lap 11.

DanMicke likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Woodee has the correct method, because often our pit location is past the start finish line. So if you enter the pits on the 12 lap, as you drive to the pit box, you cross the start/finish line which begins counting another lap and you exceed the number of laps allowed.

DanMicke likes this.
  10. Comante

Comante Registered

Remember to exit the pitlane AFTER the time counter begin to run, dictating the begin of the session.

11. DanMicke

DanMicke Registered

Guess it was that max lap setting but a bit surprised it was 1 lap as default. Running GPL before so I have some quickies if you don't mind:

I can't see any method to save and later recall a session like I often do in GPL. That is I have some hotlaps in Q but don't have time to race in the same session. In GPL the game allways remember the previous qual/race (unless you didn't finish the comeplete race) and as you often don't have the time it's very handy to be able to run a race with the latest Q session. Can't see any 'Save' or likewise. Is it possible?

Another thing I would appreciate is if I somehow can save a selected track and car somehow so I can start with a quick launch (yes I noticed the LAST selections are there) using car X at track Y instead of do seperate selections each tine you run the game. Possible?

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

1) "Resume from replay" was a facility to try and emulate this I think. I am unsure if it was ever expanded upon, worked or is still working because of the new UI.

2) Create an rFmod (series) with the exact car and track you want to use. There are many Youtube videos describing how to make these, even a Steam Guide.

DanMicke likes this.
  13. DanMicke

DanMicke Registered

Round up with a last one: Don't see any record of my hottest lap ever on a track. Is there no such 'Personal record' to a given track and car? Or is the best time limited within a session?