I´m way slower than others that go same speed

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Juge, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Juge

Juge Registered

I have similar issue that some guys have had earlier but all threads seem to be closed and tried all fixes from them (ctrl+g, skip FFB, fixing cores). I seem to be WAY slower than everybody else even I´m going at same speed with them (online) and WAY slower offline too (over 30s/lap in Imola). And it's not my driving since I got that 30s off from my time EASILY with my previous wheel (Logitech G27). Problems started when I got my Accuforce wheel. First I used it together with G27 (for pedals and shifter) and now got Ecci trackstar 6000 pedals and thrusmaster TH8 shifter (and both sets have similar problem). So, how to fix this and be able to race online on cups that are starting soon for this year?

My computer is:
    Q6600, Evga geforce 660Ti (3Gb), 8Gb ram

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
  2. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Not quite sure what you mean by 'slower'?
    Top speed?
    Did you calibrate your pedals?

3. Juge

Juge Registered

My speedometer shows same top speed but fysically I go WAY slower. Pedals are calibrated and go all the way.

4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

5. Juge

Juge Registered

6. jabbado

jabbado Registered

I'm having a similar issue with my Logitech G29 purchased last week. At first it worked great and straight away I was getting better lap times than with the old G25. Then a few days ago I was struggling to keep up with the AI, let alone catch them on the straights. And yet my top speed seemed to be the same.

But then I noticed the in-car steering wheel wasn't turning the same amount as the G29 like it was the first couple of days. So I re-detected the wheel and everything seemed back to normal. The next day I plugged the wheel in and it was playing up again. Just couldn't win a race against the AI.

I have no idea what is causing this. Faulty wheel, stupid Logitech software with no settings to change, or rFactor itself. But the issue now seems permanent. Yesterday I clean installed rFactor, reinstalled Logitech Gaming Software etc but for whatever reason I can no longer get decent lap times.

7. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

dont know if this helps but you could try this: download usb deview software here: http://usbdeview.en.lo4d.com/download

Then unplug your wheel, uninstall logitech gaming software, run usbdeview and delete all entries referring to logitech wheels by using the "uninstall selected device" function of the software.

Then do a hard reboot (shut down pc, wait 15-20 minutes) then plug in the wheel, install logitech software, and see if it is fixed.

I suspect that your pc gets the two wheels mixed up somehow. Logitech is notorious with device driver issues. I have had logitech wheels for ages and have had all sorts of issues with them and drivers.

Hope this helps.

Kel

Edit: DON'T plug the wheel into usb 3.0 port if possible. if any usb 2.0 ports are available use them. And to be on the safe side try using the same usb port everytime you plug in the wheel. I know it sounds crazy but you have logitech wheel, sometimes extreme measures are required to get them working properly ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
  8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Did you read the min. requirements from accuforce?

Are you using the Sim Commander?

9. jabbado

jabbado Registered

Good try but didn't help. I guess that software does a similar thing to deleting all USB ports in Device Manager and rebooting. The Logitech forums are full of complaints about the G29/G920 and Logitech are doing nothing about it. They even released a new version of LGS today but it makes no difference. Oh well.

10. jabbado

jabbado Registered

Sorry posted a reply last night but it didn't show up. It didn't work. I set up a vmware machine to test and it was doing it there too so I'd say it's a hardware problem. Lots of people complaining about the G29/920's on the Logitech forum.

11. Juge

Juge Registered

Updated computer. It´s working now, so you were right. Tried also clean install of rF2 before that and notices that it was controller.json file on that... not ini anymore. Got it working with value 2 but that cutted feel from wheel so decided to update my computer to fix it for good. Thanks for pointing my problem for me :)