Huge, unfixable stutters ruining races

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tom Dillon, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Tom Dillon

Tom Dillon Registered

Hello, I've been racing rfactor 2 for about a year and a half, and most of the time races with upwards of 30-40 cars tend to go smoothly, with the odd screenfreeze, but mostly okay.

I have noticed, however - that sometimes when I specifically take control of a car after a driver swap (mostly my second swap) - my force feedback will mess up, and I will experience somewhat of a CPU stutter. To count, this has happened 3 times now. Twice during le mans races, and once at silverstone - so only really happening at official tracks. Whilst my Cpu is quite poor, it just seems very odd that these issues only occur after driver swaps, and that I am normally able to drive completely fine.

- I3 2120 / GTX 1650 / 8GB Ram

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Your cpu is underpowered, your total ram is barely sufficient. Your video ram appears to be 4GB which really is at least 2GB shy of being able to handle average settings. Nothing in your system appears to be able to smoothly handle the DLC tracks like Le Mans. Reduce ALL your settings to bare minimum. Cut your car fields down to 20ish...edit your player.json to show 12 or less cars, reduce total headlights, turn off soft particles(that is rain) Sure it will run, but with graphic updates seemingly still coming, every upgrade will tax your system even more.

3. Tom Dillon

Tom Dillon Registered

Thankyou, I will try the headlights, as these issues only tend to happen when all of the track lights are on. Would be nice of the developers to update the minimum requirements slightly, though - as right now my system passes quite easily.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yeah, that is a topic that has been raised here several times over the past few years.

nonamenow likes this.