Huge problem with LICENCE after updating the game.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Foxiol, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Hello, this problem started after build 198 for me and others friends who also play rFactor 2.

The problem is this as follows:

[​IMG]

I used to upgrade the game since the first build using the manual updates and then the auto-updates but after the build 198 to 218 and now again with 218 to 228, my licence stopped working or it seems to be corrupted because of the new version of the game.

I also tried with the back up of it (the licence) and also tried both ways: 1- updating the game using auto-update, and 2- deleted the entire game and downloaded the LITE version to see if it works and using the backup of my licence.

The launcher connects me with internet and says welcome as it is working...I can also check for updates and go to the "store" to check my user and such...but can´t play the game because the buttons won´t work.

In build 218 I had to delete my "corrupted" licence in order to re-activate again my rFactor 2 game. The thing is that I did this 3 times and this will be the 4th time I need to re-activate the game. (I know we have 5 keys and then we need to send e-mail to ask for more)

I think this is a problem that needs to be solved because in the near future I´m going to make upgrades on my PC and re-install stuff...maybe more than once, and since there is no reason for the licence to stop working at all I think this needs to be fixed or solved somehow.
    Mostly having in mind that rFactor 2 is still in development and more builds are going to come...and What if my licence keeps getting corrupted and more people as well as happened with other friends?

Hope ISI see this because it is important.

The solution is what I said above, deleting the "old" licence and re-activate the game again.(which gives you a new one)
    BUT hope this will be the last time because this problem started since these 3 latest builds.

This is not an "user created" problem.

Thanks in advance. Hope to see some replies and have this in consideration. I love this simulator. ;)

2. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Done...as usually removed the old licence and re-activated my game for the 4th time.

Still this is getting on my nerves if in the next update it happens again.

The weird thing is that this is not happening once you update the game at all (I mean at the very moment). If you update, the game keeps working just fine. It happens after you turn off your PC and turn it off again. That´s when the licence stops working.

Hope you see this message ISI at least.

3. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Well well well...Stopped playing for a bit...started the game again today and guess what? The problem appeared again!!

This time I did nothing, just activate the game again the last day I played...then used my PC as usually...played other games, etc...Came back to play some rFactor 2 and now again the same problem.

Now I can´t play at all and I don´t want to use other activation since I used four of them because of this problem.

I never had this issue since the latest builds from 198 and so on.

Any solution ISI? (not the obvious)

Same picture as in first post because it is the same problem again and it happens without doing anything:

[​IMG]

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

This is very odd. So it always deactivates when turning off the computer for a while? Does it also happen when simply rebooting? Is it posible your CMOS battery is dead and you loose the date every time your machine is off for any length of time? I know sometimes apps that do online activation are a little picky when it comes to date and time. Haven't tested this on rF2 though.

Have you verified that the licence file is still accessible? If you run the Launcher as admin does it work any different?

Just throwing out some ideas. This is an odd one.

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I just changed the year on my clock (backward, forward and back again) and it had no effect on activation (did break Win8's activation though). So that isn't it.

6. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

The licence is the only problem. My PC works fine and everything is working fine as far as I can tell.

This problem started since a couple of builds. A couple of friends from rFactornews.com (Spain site dedicated to simulation) had the very same problem and the only solution was re-activating the game again.
    But the thing is that this time around the re-activation lasted only one day because I turned off my PC and then again the game stopped working.

This is really weird...I entered my bios to see that about the CMOS battery, checked the hour because maybe it was a problem with that as you said, but all is working fine.

Not sure what to do because I know that I can use more activations but what if I re-activate the game once again and then after re-booting my PC, the game just stops working?...

The weird thing is that the game connects me to the online services but I can´t press the button as happens with SP. So at some point the activation is working or at least it recognizes me as the user of the game.

7. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Oh man this is just crazy...I re-booted my PC again after making the previous post...and now the game is working again. I did nothing. lol

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Any sort of antivirus product that limits (or 'sandboxes') unknown/new programs will cause the 3 options to be greyed out like that, so consider checking along those lines as well. Rather than the license itself being corrupted/broken it may just be the game, for whatever reason, is unable to access it.

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Yes, Panda does that too, I do "Close automatic protection" on it to access ISI.
    It didn't happen some builds ago too.