HUD improvements

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by lordpantsington, Dec 4, 2012.

1. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

What I'd like is for the linear car position indicator to be filled out, and have better support for multi-class. Right now the Leader is green and you are red, and all others are blue. Numbers are denoted by position.

Perhaps the car number should be used instead?

I'd like to be able to specify the color of indicator for a particular class. Perhaps also indicate class leaders with a leader lights type system. 1 dot underneath for leaders, 2 for 2nd in class, 3 for 3rd. Perhaps shape of indicator can be used to denote class position Circle, Triangle, Square?

Cars you are racing not for position could also have a bit of transparency added to them (faded into the background). Or maybe that should be for cars not on the actual racing surface (on grass or in pitlane?)

Basically I think the potential to convey more information while still glancing at the indicator can be greatly improved upon.

Thanks

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

In the meantime, have you tried fazerbox's trackmap plugin? It's really good IMO.

3. lordpantsington

I've not, this is actually a carry-over suggestion from rf. I think rf won't get touched so suggest it for 2. Honestly I hate having to use HUD elements at all. I do like that they are there in case someone needs them though. Information such as this should be relayed through a spotter/strategist, but I can see how coding that might be a bit difficult.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Try the plugin. It comes with a good manual to show you how to set it up how you like. You can download it, read the manual and then decide if you want to install it or not.

5. lordpantsington

Regardless of the existence of a plugin, the default track location indicator can be improved. ISI shouldn't wait for the modding community to play clean up for great improvements in basic functionality. If the potential for the tracker were realized, there would be no need for a plugin. I like what was done in rf2 with the HUD customization, it made rfdynhud obsolete. Well, it took a good step in that direction at least. :D rfdynhud more often than not corrupted my display, so I'm a bit biased against plugins that hook into dx and draw things on screen. I'd much rather let rF2 do a little bit more work than it already is doing.