HUD editor RPM/revs display

Discussion in 'User Interface and HUD Modding' started by Deleted member 58016, Oct 22, 2022.

1. Hi

I am using HUD editor in order to build my own HUD - I want to have a graphical rev counter which indicates green for everything below e.g. 7000 RPMs, orange for e.g. 7000 RPMs and red for e.g. above 7150 RPMs

I am able to display LEDs in green, orange, red with SDID_RPM tach parameters, where SDID_RPM23 seems to be highest value but gets triggered by around 6500 RPMs I would say (or even, if SDID_RPM10 is 2750 RPMs at 6325).

Is there any way to change it to get it red at 7150 RPMs? And how do I do it?

What is the difference of e.g. SDID_RPM23 and SDID_RPM23H (the 'H' at end)? I cannot figure it out.

Thanks for help.

Regards, Dietmar

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Hello Dietmar, normally it should work in this Way:
    You have RpM LEDs from 0-23, that are used for the whole RpM Range.
    So if your max. RpM is 7000, cou can calculate 7000/24=292.
    So the SDID_RPM23 Led is active from 6708-7000 RpM.
    And i can not tell you what the Difference between SDID_RPM23 and SDID_RPM23H is, because i haven't seen SDID_RPM23H yet.
    Maybe it is a Typo?

3. Hi Chris

Thanks for your answer.

I need to look it up, but I am pretty sure the HUD editor in DEV mode is also offering parameters with an 'H' added at the end; I was thinking of the calculation (max rpm)/23 = parameter step but maybe I have done a mistake because it does not seem to work ...

Nethertheless I have done a huge step forward this afternoon - I need to do a screenshot, but at the moment I am not at the PC which has rF2 installed.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

Hello again Dietmar,
    you are right, there are RpMLed labeled with H at the End.
    It's a long Time ago, since i worked with it, so i didn't remember them. :)
    To maybe find out what the Difference is, you could define 2 Leds with the same Number, where one of them has the H and check if they behave differently.
    And there are 24 Led (0-23), so you have to calculate (max rpm)/24 = parameter step . ;)

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  5. Hi Chris

You are right, we 've got 24 parameters (and even the 'H' ones to add). I did a mistake in the ini-file, which seemed to mess up things: I had SDID_RPM17 item twice.

I corrected it and did some additions.

It seems that the 'H' parameter is "half" calculated value on top - let's say, if you 've got green light at 1000 with SDID_RPM10 and next step would be 1500 with SDID_RPM11 the 'H' parameter (SDID_RPM10H) would be 1250 - if I am right.

It is hard to figure out.

I have attached two screenshots.

My ini-file is based on VRHUD for OW which can be easily found on Steam Workshop.

Everybody looking at the screenshots, please keep in mind I will be using it for VR so most of the display will be more to the edge.

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2022.10.23 - 10.36.26.50.png rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2022.10.23 - 10.36.53.54.png

redapg likes this.
  6. p.s: I assume the 'H' parameter could be used to display a "shift up" sign or something like that at some points ...

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@StoneRacing if it helps you could press Ctrl-G in devmode to put everything in slow motion. Might make it easier to determine what RPM things are turning on.

redapg and Deleted member 58016 like this.
  8. Thanks for the hint :)

OC it will ...

Thanks, Dietmar

9. I have attached the ini file.

The HUD is based on VR HUD OW as said - as I am trying to respect the work of the author of VR HUD I will publish my ini file only.

It will work without modifications to original hudtexture.tga of VR HUD OW, but maybe some text display may be hard to read (speed).

Attached Files: