How to stop or attenuate to o strong ABS braking rattle in FFB?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by tennenbaum, Jul 28, 2023.

Tags:
  1. tennenbaum

tennenbaum Registered

With the GT3 Porsche ABS kicking in transmits much too strong FFB effect to the steering axis (Simucube 2).

How to fix? Any .txt or .jason file that can be edited?

Thanks for help!

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The FFB only comes from the tyres and suspension, so there's no FFB effect itself you can reduce. You could try shaping or clipping (or un-clipping) the FFB through your wheel strength, the in-game FFB strength and vehicle specific multipliers, and by adjusting things like the steering torque sensitivity in the controller(/profile).json, but you may also alleviate it somewhat by adjusting your braking to reduce the amount of locking that happens.

If you haven't already got some SC2 settings from someone experienced with that wheel in rF2, it might also be worthwhile sharing your settings so that others can point out anything that may not be helping. Devin (one of the rF2 devs) uses a SC2 and has shared his settings in the past, mainly on the rF2 Discord, so that might be something to check against too.

3. tennenbaum

tennenbaum Registered

Thanks for the help! I can manipulate the effect with my SC2 settings, but then I lose my FFB balance, which is otherwise good.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, that's not really what I mean. I mean if you share your SC2 settings, or try known 'good' settings from someone else, you can at least reduce/eliminate the possibility of using settings that inadvertently make the effect worse. But mostly you're probably just stuck with it (because, as with the SC2 settings, anything you do targeting reduction of ABS FFB will also impact all other FFB) and are best trying to modify your braking to activate the ABS less often (or to a lesser extent).

5. Mordorsport Max

Mordorsport Max Registered

Hi tennenbaum, do you got a Motec file of this "ABS-situation" and the settings of your true drive?
    Maybe....Maybe there is a way to filter that out.