How to modify .aiw of installed track?

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by divaco, Jan 4, 2013.

1. divaco

divaco Registered

First of all sorry for my english. Well I want to modify a circuit file installed. well the first thing I do is use the program MAS2 with which I extract the file .aiw to the desktop. Modified file back to put in the program and use the option "CREATE THE MAS FILE". But the problem is that once this is done the circuit of rfactor2 disappears and does not let me install it from the "Manage MODS". I guess I'll be doing something wrong but not that. Any help please.

2. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

You cannot edit any track file and just put it back because there are checks that prevent that if anything changes. You should probably copy the whole track, edit it and then edit some files so they are consistent with your changes. I don't know exactly what files you need to edit but there should be someone here to help you.

3. divaco

divaco Registered

The question I did because when I play offline in rfactor1 adjusted the "AI range" file .AIW for the AI times are more spaced. But if you say I can not in rfactor 2 ..... Anyway thank you very much for the reply.

4. Hazi

Hazi Registered

That`s the problem with the new system - no quick change in those files anymore! Maybe there could be a solution where such additional "loose files" could overwrite settings in the packed mas files. (think was like that in RF1)

5. divaco

divaco Registered

For it is a problem in making custom offline races ... I have been trying to modify the files of the talents (. Rcd) and modify the same occurs ... I hope this is fixable ... Meanwhile I will continue with rfactor 1 :D