How to make "Get Missing Components" actually work

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Noel Hibbard, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Backdraft26

Backdraft26 Registered

Thanks for answer :)

I'm not using HTTPS. I can download .rar files, but not RFCMP

For example :

Mod ISI Formula Master 2012 => file .rar => you can download

Mod ISI Formula Master 2012 RFCMP => file .rfcmp => you can't download

Maybe I should "allow" rfcmp files in the IIS web server?

ps: sorry for my poor english, I'm french.

2. Backdraft26

Backdraft26 Registered

Thanks for answer ;) I'm not using HTTPS, with ISS7.5 I can download files .rar, but if I put a .rcmp file it's impossible for me to download It.

3. Backdraft26

Backdraft26 Registered

Hi Noel, I'm testing in rFactor 2, I do "Get the mod" ok, after I do "Get missing components"...and the game try to download the file but there is a problem..."Didn't install everything. Check component URLs for validity".

When I test the URL in http://getmod.srrs-racing.net/listmods.php , I do "test", the file download .

I don't understand.

Cordially, Nicolas.

4. Backdraft26

Backdraft26 Registered

Finally, it does not work in the game. When I check "get missing component" => Starting download and finally => "Didn't download...Check URLs"

when I test the url, on your getmod site, everything is ok, the file starts to download.

I don't understand... :(

My server on rFactor 2 => F1CL test

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

What is your username on my service? I will take a look at what you have done and see if I see any mistakes.

Out of curiosity, in IIS, did you map a MIME Type for rfcmp files? If not IIS will return an error.

6. Backdraft26

Backdraft26 Registered

Nicolas Fraisse ;)

No, I didn't map a MIME for rfcmp file. I tried to do it, but I don't understand... Every tutorials are in english, it's difficult.

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I made a video for you. This is on IIS8.5 but it works the same way for IIS7.5. The video is in English but it should be hard to understand:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRJ1ijCgGBU&hd=1

You will notice I mapped it at the root level of my site so any subfolders should inherit the MIME Type.

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I am downloading your component right now to make sure you repackaged it correctly to include your GetMod URL. I will report back when I am done.

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Ah... I found the problem. Your URL has a space in the name. rF2 doesn't support spaces. The spaces have to be replaced with %20. I need to update my site to replace the spaces automatically. You aren't the first person to run into this problem. I am going to update my service right now but you will have to repack your component and this time use this for your GetMod URL:
    http://getmod.srrs-racing.net/getmod.php/Nicolas Fraisse

10. Backdraft26

Backdraft26 Registered

A very big thank you ! ;) I currently keep my children, I will look tonight, but I read you the impression that you answered all my questions! Thanks!

Cordially, Nicolas

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

All done, URLs are all escaped properly now. Spaces will work in usernames, aliases and folder names but you still can't have spaces in the actual rfcmp filename. rF2 just doesn't handle it properly even if the spaces are escaped with %20. It will download the file but when it stores the file on the disk is doesn't replace the %20 with spaces (unescape) so you end up with a file name like Cool%20Track.rfcmp and it fails to install. I need to put a note on my page that reminds people not to have spaces in their component filesname. So rather than naming your file "Cool Track.rfcmp" make it "Cool_Track.rfcmp". This isn't a problem with my service but a problem with rF2. But it's easy to work around and most people don't use spaces anyways.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
  12. Backdraft26

Backdraft26 Registered

Thanks :) Everything works and your video is really good, I understood everything!

13. Backdraft26

Backdraft26 Registered

Hi Noel :)

I have 2 questions:

- If I host my own service "Getmod" in France, is that this will speed up downloads?
    - Why we cant' download multi cmp? It's a rfcmp file, like tracks, no?

Have a good day, cordially.

Nicolas

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Download speed would be dictated by the speed of the link you use with the registration for your component. The components aren't actually coming from my service.

No, it isn't possible to download MultiCmps with GetMod. MultiCmps are just a container full of rfcmp's. Think of it like zipping up a bunch of rfcmp files. They are simply to make distribution easier. You will have to register the rfcmp's that are in your MultiCmp individually.

15. Backdraft26

Backdraft26 Registered

ok Thank you :)

16. Marco Boy

Marco Boy Registered

I'd like to say to you.. a big.. big.. very big THANX!!!!! :)

17. javi78

javi78 Registered

Hi, I've already used him and getmod has worked well for me, but now I get the error "Did not install everything. Check for Component URLs for validity." No names have spaces and everything is correct, since getmod links work, could you help me? thanks

18. javi78

javi78 Registered

Now everything is repaired, replace "http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com" on dropbox path thanks

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Sorry to take so long to respond.

It looks like you have three accounts on my service:
    ACESIM
    ACESIM1
    acesimspain

You have a C6R with the sig 7aeef32b79b6fdd2e303b1083e275de13bb05fb20e549507268a2a26d7fa70af registered on all three of your accounts. On one account you are missing a URL, on another you had what looked like a compatible Dropbox URL although it returns a 404 and on the other you had a Dropbox link that is incompatible with rF2. You also have a Nissan registered but it doesn't have a URL.

I would try to consolidate all your components on one account. Send me a PM if you need me to delete an account or reset a password on one of them.

It looks like you are currently adding some components on your acesimspain account. None of these components have URLs though. Maybe you are not finished with what you are working on though.

Edit: Okay.. I see your are adding URLs now. What you are doing right now looks perfect. If you still have problems in the sim, let me know.

20. Backdraft26

Backdraft26 Registered

Hi Noel, can I make a french tutorial for those who don't understand english ?

PS: finally, I created the tutorial, if you won't want, i will close my thread. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014