SOLVED How to enable DRS everywhere ?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Simulation_Player, Nov 25, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Hi all,
    I would like to enable DRS everywhere on all tracks for every session.
    from what i read i need to add following lines to rfm
    RearFlapZoneSessions=0
    RearFlapNoZonesAllowed=1

I edited file called "AllCarsTracks.rfm" at location "Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\ModDev\rFm".
    like this :
    1.JPG

that didn't seem to work, would appreciate any help/info on this thank you.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

And don't forget the settings for the FRONT FLAP as well. (very important for the 1967 Endurance Chaparral)

Emery and Simulation_Player like this.
  3. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Apologies, i didn't try hard enough. i found the soultion checked on 2 tracks so far seems to work in practice and race. (checked practice session in Nurburgring 24H and race at monac with BMW M4 class 1).

here is the solution in case anyone needs this >

u need to edit file called "All Tracks & Cars_10.mas" at location "Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\rFm"

open the file "All Tracks & Cars_10.mas" using "MAS2.exe" tool located at "Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Support\Tools"

open MAS2.exe drag and drop "All Tracks & Cars_10.mas" file into MAS2.exe window

like this :
    1.JPG

select all files , right click extract wherever u want. edit ONLY the .rfm file using notepad.

add the lines of code as shown in image in OP >>https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/how-to-enable-drs-everywhere.73206/
    SAVE it.

now drag all 3 files back in MAS2.exe and create MAS file , it is one of the icon below "options" in MAS2.exe tool.

i just named it "All Tracks & Cars_10.mas" and pasted it at location "Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\rFm", i replaced original file BUT i backed up original file just in case.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022