How To Disable Exhaust Heat Effect??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NitroStar, Jan 13, 2012.

1. idiotboy

idiotboy Registered

Thanks Tim...now that you mention it - it is rather obvious lol!

Personally I like the idea of the in-game heat haze - EVERYTHING that can add to immersion should be explored!

2. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

It's already in the game, the point that's being made is that it's not well implemented when cars are in motion.

3. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

The haze does not work on F2 history cars, just F1's. Is that the plan or will we see it on all cars when finished?

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It should be working on all cars which would reach a required temp and in the right atmospheric conditions for it to happen, eventually.

As I said though, I think an option to turn it off is required, so I will certainly suggest as much.

5. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

heat haze is working in my 60's cars... at first I got the impression it was hindering fps, but after the new build I don't notice it, it looks more fluid now.

6. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

I don't think its that much of an issue and I'm sure there are better things people can be doing but I think it would look better if.

1) it has 30% more alpha applied to it so it is more subtle (and as you say alpha could be dependent on environment)
    2) It has 5-10 more frames added to the animation
    3) it appears that the current play back of the effect sprites are played at random rather than a linear animation if given more frames then the animation could be linear and loop.
    4) with car speed the billboard with the animation should move lower or have more alpha applied to its top half so that as cars go faster the effect is only really visible near the exist pipes

but as I said I don't think its that much of an issue and as you have said just allowing people that don't like it to turn it off nips it in the bud without spending development time on it.