SOLVED How to create a .rfcmp skin pack for online races

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Franciscodog, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Franciscodog

Franciscodog Registered

Hi guys,
    I understand how to make nem skins using the tuning option (ALT.DDS). But i still have a problem with the number of cars i can use in the online server - i think that i can only create ONE alternative painting for each car.
    I saw that some people make a complete setting of new teams using .rfcmp - like in AirAsia Clio Cup.
    We can use this for a online server?
    There is a tutorial "how to make new cars with a .rfcmp"?

Tx

2. RJames

RJames Registered

You basically need to make a "Update package" for the mod you want to skin.

What you would need to do is extract the "teams" mas file for the mod, create a load more teams and setup the skins via that (first editable line in the team file) then you can adjust the team name, drivers etc etc.

Then put all the new teams & skins into the mas2.exe program and save. Then create the rfcmp as a update to the mod, so when installed it uses the default mod stuff for the actual car/physics etc but uses the updated teams.

Sorry if that's not entirely clear (just woke up)

3. Franciscodog

Franciscodog Registered

Hum, the edit part is OK, but i still dont known how to create the update: I select a component with the same name of the folder "Civic_BTCC_Car" but i still receiing a message that the component Civic_BTCC_Car v 1.0 is not installed

I read and watched the tutorial, but there appers a list of options when u click in the "Select component". Here is just on option <add new component>. So i write the same name of the folder "Civic_BTCC_Car" but still with the same error message

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

dropping 10 custom skins in a settings/track/car-folder and sharing that amongst others won't work?

5. Franciscodog

Franciscodog Registered

Only in my own computer, in the server i tryed: Creating de dir inside "\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\Civic_BTCC_Car" allowing skins transfers but didnt work

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Skin transfers are off in this build, but even when enabled, its not coming from the server anyways I think, the server just passes on a skin from one client to another.

But if you have multiple skins in car-one folder, and you zip them, and send it to members it should work? if all drivers have the same 10 (or whatever) skins in that folder then they all will see those skins when used?

7. Franciscodog

Franciscodog Registered

I dont Known :) I will try this

8. Franciscodog

Franciscodog Registered

Resolved, its a little trick to make the update but finnaly i made it.
    Tx

9. overman

overman Registered

Can you tell me how you fix this please?