how to create a component ?

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by MS7XWDC, Jan 14, 2012.

1. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

it is asking for a component file. but im trying to CREATE a component file. what gives ?

[​IMG]

2. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

you have to tell it what your component file is going to be called, so you type that into the empty box, and save it where you want to put it (by clicking on open after you typed the name in) , it will say the the file doesn't exist and ask if you want to create it (to which you say yes) then you add in your mas files and package and install

3. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

i think i got it:

in the bottom pic above, where it says "File Name: [ ]" i need to INVENT and TYPE a name, then click open, then it will say the the file doesn't exist and ask if i want to create it (to which i say yes)

thank you !!

4. Senna94

Senna94 Registered

first you must give a name for you component. Then you must select a "save" location for your component. You get 2 question if the file will be createt, you must answer it with yes.

5. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

yup, thx

6. prunn

prunn Registered

me my question is: why isnt the button doing a normal save file instead of an open a not existing file?
    it's confusing, you wanna save a file everytime after all not open it... or maybe both(open and save) should be there?

me I save an empty text file as .rfcmp and then "opened" it