How to beat the log-in blues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DurgeDriven, Jul 22, 2013.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If you did not save your roaming folder prior to this bug read no further as it is no use.

INGREDIENTS
    ==========

1. Copy of your rfactor.credentials you have saved PRIOR to this Log-In Bug.

NOTE: Any rfactor.credentials file you now create and save will NOT work.

2. Batchrun http://www.outertech.com/en/batch-file

METHOD of MADNESS
    ================

1. Open BatchRun

2. Open the drop down box in the command line and change RUN to COPY

3. In the filename window click on the box at far right and browse for your saved rfactor.credentials

*** click the drop down from applications to all files to show all files in browse.

4. Select rfactor.credentials

So my filename window for example could be E:\SIM PATCHES\RFACTOR2\xxx ROAMING xxx\.rFactor\rFactor.credentials

5. Now change it to read this as below ( delete the word rfactor and replace with a * )

IE: E:\SIM PATCHES\RFACTOR2\xxx ROAMING xxx\.rFactor\*.credentials

6. In the Parameter window COPY and PASTE your .rfactor path from the explore filename bar

IE: C:\Users\DurgeDriven\AppData\Roaming\.rFactor

7. Click ADD+

You should see a line added below

8. Open the drop down box in the command line and change COPY back to RUN

9. In the filename window click on the box at far right and browse for your rFactor2 folder, select

IE: Mine is E:\rFactor2\Launch rFactor.exe

You do not need anything in parameters window

10. Your BatchRun would look something like this.

View attachment 8836

11. Now click EXECUTE to test

You should see a info box of test like this, rF2 should have booted logged in ;)

View attachment 8835

12. Once you have tested click FILE and SAVE ( I Save to the Batchrun folder as rFactor2.brs )

13. Click FILE Make desktop shortcut ( or make your own from the created rfactor2.brs )

Change shortcut icon and rename to rFactor2 and copy to start menu or folder or leave on desktop ( if you like that sort of thing )

** Dont forget you can add anything else to Batchrun to run with your sim shortcuts.

View attachment 8837

** Another thing you can select which apps to run in taskbar or normal and their priority level.
    You see my example I choose to start all apps closed to taskbar

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
  2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

you don't need to do all that...right click credentials file go to properties and tick "read only" does the same thing

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Where is the thread to tell everyone.

I should have tried that , oh dear

Anyways you do need to do all that you want to start 6 apps in one hit so not a total waste.

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Call me stupid but none of your methods work for me.

It seems as if the readout of the rFactor.credentials is missing when launching the game.

5. canastos

canastos Registered

After reading this post, I will tell what worked for me:

-had a backup copy of my .rfactor folder
    -replaced whole current folder with my backup one
    -switched the rfactor.credentials file as read only

The issue I have noticed is that, if you don't make this file read only, first time you run the launcher, it modifies the file, and when you close, next time you run launcher, it destroys the file, so no automatic login will happen

byyyyyyyye

6. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I can comfirm this < i had my back up ,swaped it out but each time you start game it will overwrite unless you tic read only , for me i simply made the whole .rfactor folder read only and its workin fine again ! good find JB ! and thanks for the bat file info DD ;-)

*edit >making the .rfactor folder read only from properties will tic all 3 files to read only , in doing so your nic name will no longer work ,so as posted above i recomend to only have the credentials file read only ! ;-P

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
  7. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Well it appears that the nicknames are no longer working .. ?? ive tried sevral defrent ways ,its only reading the first name in your player name file .. can anyone comfirm??

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I thought too that I was supposed to log in with my nick, but couldn't. Used my email and voila, I got in no problem.

9. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Ive fixed the 'log in every time' bug by making the romeing .rfactor files read only , it's the nick name feature that seems to be broken , servers can set it up to use full names , if this is turned off game will use nick names ,great for league vrs public racing , but now it appears the game will only read the first lines in the player rfactor.name file no matter what .. can anyone comfirm ??

thx ..

10. MJP

MJP Registered

It seems that way, however it's hardly a big problem, just edit the 'name' file then make it read only, it's what the majority of people do and have done since the game first came out.

11. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

None of the things you guys say to do is working for me. Have to log in every time.

12. Bernd

Bernd Registered

OK, now i can call myself stupid :D.

I was trying all time with a wrong backup of my rFactor.credentials file.

Now i took the right one. It is a backup from using build195 (i think or maybe a sooner build).

And now, after setting the file "read only", login works automaticly again without typing anything :)

13. coops

coops Banned

hope ISI is going to fix this ASAP that's all i got to say.... don't need a 1/2 arsed fix