How Much Documentation For rF2 Modders?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by W_Bradshaw, Nov 12, 2011.

1. W_Bradshaw

W_Bradshaw Registered

I am currently working on the newest version of the NASCAR Sim Series (NSS) mod, which will hopefully get a release for rFactor 2. I can assuredly state that the bulk of modding documentation came from 3rd party sources for rFactor 1. Therefore, my question is, how much mod documentation will be released for rFactor 2? Or will we again be required to wait for more 3rd party documentation after the release?

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Some, especially the new stuff. But we've setup a wiki that we want to be the location for knowledge now (whether it's our knowledge, or yours). I'm sure there will be stuff missing that someone will have to explain.

3. Senna94

Senna94 Registered

nice news

4. Lynkk

Lynkk Registered

I was wondering, what's the polycounts for the default cars in rF2?

5. W_Bradshaw

W_Bradshaw Registered

Thank you for the info, Tim. The wiki sounds like a great idea. Too much of the data is so spread out as it is.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Depends on the car. The generic grid fillers are less than the licensed cars. One of the car guys has promised me he'll write some stuff for you guys. :)

7. Rantam

Rantam Registered

These are indeed good news. An official Wiki is something that for sure will help anyone wanting to learn to mod ISI's engines, because in the past the knowledge has been too spread around.

Having clear and organized info about modding is something I've missed A LOT, so it's good to know things are going to be easier in the future.

Thanks indeed ISI :)

8. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Totally agree.

This will also assist newer teams in getting started ect. I applaud ISI for this move.

9. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

A wiki is definitely a VERY smart move. Especially if the community is able to update it with their own information. Awesome news.