How do you keep your SDK installation updated?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by DocJones, Dec 16, 2015.

1. DocJones

DocJones Registered

I was wondering what everybody does to keep their SDK installation updated (or maybe you don't even bother)?
    Is updating the 'root' installation through the launcher and installing the latest SDK over the old devmod folder a viable way?
    Or do you guys start with a fresh install each build and copy your current projects over (devmod user data aswell perhaps?) each release?

Thanks

2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Since I always install each build in a separated folder, so do I with Dev Mode.

If I want to try specific content I paste it into the latest Dev Mode install from a main dev mode installation where I keep all the projects I work on.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I always install the latest SDK over the old. Never had any issues that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Installing over the top will nearly always be fine, the game is pretty good now at updating/removing ini/json entries as needed. An occasional clean install wouldn't hurt, but generally only needed if you have an issue.

I tend to rename my existing folder (game + SDK) every couple of builds, install a fresh set in its place, and do a file comparison between them (after starting up the new one, to generate player.JSON etc) to check what's actually changed. At times in the past that helped troubleshoot other's problems, but for quite a few builds now it's been unnecessary really.

5. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

If I recall it correctly, in Steam version of rF2 you should have latest SDK installed automaticly during update.

Otherwise its manual d/l and install over existing SDK.