How do I setup my own TV cameras?

Discussion in 'User Interface and HUD Modding' started by Racefreak1976, May 3, 2012.

1. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I couldn't find anything related to this subject, so if I was just being too stupid to find it, please link me there.
    For the purpose of video making, I wanted to setup some cameras around the car as well as the track. I know about the free cam, but I want some cams to be always available.
    Can anyone help me out?

2. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

Only available if you use modmode.
    You can edit the .cam files (by hand with text editor) to adjust cams, not easy ;) i think the modmode's cam editor does also work, but I don't know how.

3. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Thank you,

I'm using the ingame cams for now. But they are only good for track cameras. I really want to modify the car cameras.
    Changing cameras in a text file should be next to impossible because you can't see the imediate effect in the game.
    Anyway, thanks again.

4. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Short Answer: There is no easy way to do it--probably best off trudging away with the free cam with a decent joystick.

Longer Answer: If you can get some semblance of the car/track into 3DSMax, in theory, you can at least setup your camera in there, and "export" it. Which, of course, would require going through DevMode, and packing an update to the Mod in question, etc. etc.

5. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

I do it by hand and it's perfect! takes 30 minutes per cam, but they look more than just nice! Just try it, it's not that hard.