How do I load saved real road online? (hosting)

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by TIG_green, Mar 11, 2013.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Where do I find saved real roads and how to load them online? Thank you :)

2. SVO

SVO Registered

If your hosting....when it shows you the track after hitting config button, click on that track and then click on weather in the upper right hand corner. Real Road drop down menu is on the upper right hand of the weather configuration.

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Do I have to set the real road to each session (practice, quali, race) and if I do that then will the real road be reset at the beginning of each session to the state the saved file has? What happens if practice uses saved real road and other session are set to something different?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you set the different sessions to different saved 'real roads' then they will be set to each of those real roads when they start. So any rubber built up during practice will be ignored when another real road is loaded for qualifying.

"Naturally progressing" (for qualifying) will keep what has been built up, but also obviously won't be any different to practice if no cars did any laps. Your best approach probably depends on how the server is going to be used.

5. Diablo

Diablo Registered

A nice feature is the "User: Autosave". You have to start a session on the particular track once, which creates the Autosave. You don´t need to run the whole session, starting it and going back to the Options screen is enough.
    I have set our server to use that Autosave for practice 1 and everything else to "Naturally Progressing", so we have an ever evolving track.

Cheers,
    Marcus

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

So how much rubber will I have this way? Not sure I understood this.

Thanks for your answers guys.

7. Diablo

Diablo Registered

If you only start the session and immediately go back to the options, it will only create the "Autosave" file (UserData\player\Settings\<event-name>\Autosave.rrbin). So if you start with a green track it will have no rubber. But from then on, provided you set "User: Autosave" for the first session that is run, you will have as much rubber at the beginning of that session as you had the last time the track was driven on, thus a truly evolving track.

More generally, rFactor 2 automatically saves the Real Road state to that Autosave.rrbin file. For that to happen one must run the track at least once to have that file created, which in turn makes it visible as a Real Road option in the weather setup screen of the server. Using this as the preset for the first session of an event and setting all other sessions to "Naturally progressing" results in a closed loop Real Road evolution, is what I´d call it.

What I´d like to see in addition to that is decay of the rubber on the road, which happens according to the time that has passed since the last Autosave. That would make the Real Road feature even more awesome. :-D

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

That clears things. Thanks :)

If you start a session in offline then you usually have green track first (if you do not load saved real road). Or can you use this "autosave" file also in offline? Does the autosave file get updated only in online session once it has been created in offline? If not, wouldn't it lead to a situation where autosave file would have green state each time you start a offline session? (if you go to options screen right after that)

Man this is complicated :D

9. Diablo

Diablo Registered

I have discovered this by accident on our root server, so one definitely does not need to run in offline mode to have the file created, the server does this on its own apparently. For the offline and online conflict, if you use the same player profile for hosting and offline driving you could end up overwriting the Autosave.rrbin, yes, but if use the same Real Road setup for both there should not be a problem. However, a problem might arise if you are hosting and driving offline both at the same time, since the server and your offline session would both compete over the same file. Since I haven´t tried this and would not recommend it either, I cannot say what exactly would happen, so I take the easy way out and say: The results are unpredictable. ;-)