How do I get the most out of the ai?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul Fenwick, Nov 7, 2015.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You need 120% and 75% to keep F3 from "chugging" in slow turns.

But everything has trade off though. ;)

@ others
    You have other tracks where 105-110% is plenty fast enough, all trial and error as described.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Much more believable than they used to be, in older Builds the AI would be driving in a straight line then suddenly swerve into the wall at a right angle :D But I have not seen any of that for quite a few Builds now, running 0.50 and above I've only witnessed believable mistakes but only been running at Bathurst & Mills recently.

Examples I've seen are:
    - Running wide through turns
    - Late braking
    - General Spins
    - Even seen one AI brake too late and take out the AI in front of him so I could squeeze past!
    - ....oh and the Formation Lap Spin I mentioned before, which in fact I've seen happen at Brands Hatch in real life so guess that's believable :p

Currently running 85% Agg with 0.75 Mistakes, no "issues" to speak of after a few races.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Interesting.
    Running mistakes at 0.75, approximately how often does the AI make those mistakes?

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Hard to say as I'm not watching the entire race as you would on TV so I only see what's happening around me, plus only running short races (Touring Cars) at the moment with my current settings.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

But watching the cars around you, you're not seeing mistakes every single lap?

The reason I'm asking is because I want to find some happy middle ground with that setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

no not every single lap, far from it, when you try it and see you'll find out what suits you best, as for everything it highly depends on the track and the mod in use.