How do I get the AI to use a custom setup?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by schigara, Sep 13, 2015.

1. schigara

schigara Registered

What is a step by step procedure for getting the AI to use a custom setup? I have read a few threads about this and tried selecting the AI driver and then going to the garage and choosing the setup I made and then clicking "AI Setup" and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I am racing the Honda touring car at Bathurst and have my gears set properly for the long straight and I am passing the AI cars about 10mph faster because they are bouncing off the rev limiter in 6th.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Click " CAR "
    Click " TUNING "
    Click " FORCE SETUP " ...top right corner

3. schigara

schigara Registered

But this doesn't allow me to choose a setup file with modified gear ratios, suspension settings, etc. The only 2 options here are "Tire Selection" and "Visor Mod".

I would have though the "AI Setup" button in the Garage would allow for a custom setup to be used on an AI car but I have tried to apply a setup numerous ways and nothing works. Is there any documentation from ISI on this button or feature?

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Doh yeah what Paul said as well.

Try offline select mod , run it , select setup, save and exit.
    Then create a server with same mod ( it will be at top of list ), limit it to 1 driver and password it.
    Click on fixed setup and set the ai numbers you want to use
    Start server and join ( you don't need ports as no one joins and you not downloading/uploading )
    The ai will use the setup at least they did last time I tested it, same for real drivers.

I don't worry about Historics ai setup till final packages.

Take one example, F3 at Belgium the ai will hold 9.500+ RPM in 4th gear forever and lose time no matter what gearing you give them.

ie : "some" Ai Car and Track combos will produce varying results from a particular setup may be great for you.

5. Emery

Emery Registered

Does it set by individual AI (e.g. 3 AI Formula Renaults each can have different settings) or does it set all AI of that type to the same setup?