Hosting or packaging problem?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Marco Bijl, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

I have a problem with a new vmod I am making.

It involves the Classic 1960 F3's, with added RD Update, which I used previously as well without problems. I want to combine them with Mid Ohio. Top of the .rfm:

So, I do what I always do. I package the mod, copy it to my rfactor install, install it with the mod manager, and click HOST to start the hosting.
    When I come to the car selection, ALL cars can suddenbly be my opponent? They are all selectable in the clients selection screen, but joining only works if you choose a car within the selected vehicles filters? It's very confusing obviously.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to re-do my Classic update to make it work again with the new build?

The screenshot contains all relevant info. Build is 69, Mod manager 0.91e and MAS2 2.91e
    View attachment 1689
    The RDF3 update:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?5k2vjx5ej9droz4
    The created vmod:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?j9uzvtq7kr2ylfv

I still have a few days before the event starts, so I can instruct everyone, but obviously this is not ok.

Ow, and I know the vmod is not registered yet. When version 1.0, which IS registred did the same, I created a new one, 1.1, thinking I did something wrong.

2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Further information.

It seems it is a combination of both.

I have tried to host the mod mentioned above in build 60. It had the same results. To much cars presented.
    Next, I tried a mod I made before, containing same car's, and Searspoint. When i start a server in build 60, it works as it should be:
    *hosting build60.png (377.5 KB)

When I start a server in build 69, it messes up the car selection again.
    *hosting build69.png (386.1 K

There really seems to be an issue with the hosting part since build 69 came around. I hope this is addressed soon, as it's very difficult to host an event when these basic functions do not work properly ;)

3. 10speed

10speed Registered

I created a vmod for the historic formula cars and it works fine even in build 69. Try * as filter for both tracks and vehicles in the rfm-file. I tried to extract your vmod but mas-tool has problems with it. Maybe deactivate file compression to see what the mas-file looks like after the vmod was packaged.

4. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Did you select only a few of the cars, and then test it in game?

Problem is not when you "just" select a class. It occurs when you make a selection of vehicles from a specific class.

The * in the car filter is tried already, as is leaving it blank. Both have the same result.

5. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Ok, did some more testing on this matter.

I have tried to start a server using both buil60 and build69. It's a vmod we used a while back for an event, containing custom RD F3's, and Searspoint.

When I start a server in build 60, all works fine. It only shows the selected cars which SHOULD be present in the mod:
    View attachment 1690

If I use build 69, there are a lot more opponents.
    View attachment 1691

When I want to enter the server, it's the same. Build 60 shows just the cars I want to choose from. Build 69 shows a lot more cars, but when you choose 1 outside of the selected vehicle section, the game won't start.

This is all based on the same basis. 1960's Classics, updated with RDF3 update. vmod is created in the same way as the one from the opening post, only is build in build 60.

6. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Next test.

Build 69.
    Component original Classics and RDF3 mod.

First test.
    Create a vmod using MidOhio, with ALL default Classics.
    Created in build 69, works perfectly. Just the 1960's present when setting up the server

Second test
    Create a vmod using MidOhio with ONLY F3 cars from the original Classic's.
    Created in build 69, works perfectly. Just the F3's from the classics present.

Third test.
    Create a vmod using the updated RDF3 mod.
    Created in build 69, same issue as described above. All car's available during vehicle selection when setting up a mod.

I think I can conclude the update is the issue here. In principle, the update DID work good in previous builds, so there has to be something that has changed. I have not read anything about that, so it kinda surprised me. I fear I have no other options then to recreate the RDF3 update, and test again.

I hope this is not going to happen to often ;) Now I do know why I always backup my base files ;)

7. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

To bad.. Repacking the update did not work as well.

I figured that the version number could be the case. Before, we could use everything as a version number, so to avoid conflicts in case ISI updates Classics, my version number was RDF3v1.0. This worked fine in build 60.
    Now, with build 69, we can ONLY use numbers in the versions. I thought that might be causing the issue.

I just took all the base components from the RDF3 update, and made a new package of it in build 69. Gave it version number 2.0 to avoid issues.
    Installed, and created a vmod. When starting it, the same problem is back. All cars are possible opponents.

Please ISI, I really need some help here. I can supply a .zip file for u with all my base components (for each of the 6 vehicles, 1 .veh, 1 skin (.dds), 1 Icon (.dds), 1 small icon (.dds))

8. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Last test i could think off, will try this tonight when I get home from work.

- Rebuild the whole update package again in build 60, giving it version nr 2.0 instead of RDF3v1.0.
    - Make a new vMod for the combination I want
    - Test it in build 60.
    - Test it in build 69.

I know it has been weekend, so support team had a few days off, but I do hope that there will be some answers from ISI about this today :) Wednesday, i want to run an event with this mod, so I need to decide what to put up for the members to drive with.

A confirmation that things indeed are different in build 69 would be nice as well ;) Would save me a lot of trying :) I do not know why certain things have changed. F.i. the ability NOT to use version numbers containing letters is a real shame. For me, it was a good way to prevent 2 updates with the same version number (one by me, and one by ISI f.i).

9. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

So, again an update. Did the test mentioned above today.

Created a fresh install, and updated to build 60.
    Loaded all my base components (.veh's, .dds's), and rebuild an update package with version 2.0
    Installed it via MAS2, and made a new vmod, using the newly created version.

Started the launcher of build 60 again, installed update and mod, and started dedicated.
    Same story... All cars presented to choose from. I am really lost here...