Hold key for Ignition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blaknift, Jan 9, 2012.

1. blaknift

blaknift Registered

Just a suggestion here, But if you could impliment the "hold for" system for the ignition like you did with the gear selections this would be great. Id imagine most people with button boxes like me have a toggle for ignition. and with the current "Button press" System, we have to toggle up to turn the ignition on, Then press it back down and back up to turn the ignition off. So if a Hold Button for ignition could be implimented, That would be great. Thanks!;)

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

We asked for bistable switches many times (ie in Q&A thread and others). There is/was no response from ISI.
    But i still hope it will be possible

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Definitely adds to immersion but I suppose we'll see later.

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Hah. Caught ya.

See controllers do add to the immersion in whatever shape or form.

5. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Registered

This is a great thing to add. I have been beating this gong over at iRacing for a year. Press-and-hold with release-to-deactivate is a necessary function to allow us to use. I'll have to go on the record and agree with CdnRacer that it will add much to the immersion.

We already have it a bit with our look left and look right button options ;)

6. blaknift

blaknift Registered

I Bet, If i had one of your boxes id definately want the ignition to work properly. ;)

7. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

lol. :p

8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Surprised by your reply Cdn. :cool:

I have a Derek Speare button box with a toggle switch on it.
    It self centres.
    I have it mapped for ignition so if I want to turn ignition off I push up and to turn it on I again push it up.
    Very clever.
    For the starter I use a button on my Fanatec GT3 wheel.

9. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Yeah I guess that would be a momentary toggle switch, I think that's what you call it anyway. Would be cool to have a regular two position toggle switch for ignition and the momentary for starter.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Isn't there now, no idea if/when. :)

11. blaknift

blaknift Registered

Thanks tim, Didnt see a sugguestions forum, So just posted it here. :)

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No worries. Usually if I haven't come across something (either in my own driving/testing, discussion with a dev, or in reading our dev forums), I won't know the answer and then won't answer.

13. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

14. marcocale

marcocale Registered

I personally asked many months ago to Max Angelo in Italian forum to support the hold keys just like in some flight simulations.
    He told me it was an good idea and that he had the intention to suggest it to ISI, but told also that he couldn't assure me it could bve implemented. Ant we have seen that this is the case.

Just for info I suggested it not only for the ignition button, but i asked to give the possibility to define in the configuration if a key have to be seens as an hold key or not (just like actually the gear buttons) so to suit what is in the reality and the hardware that everyone have available. There are a lot of other hold switch in a race car: lights, wipers etc.

If not natively supoorted, I'm wondering if some capable programmer will be able to make this available trough a plugin.
    Unfrotunately I'm not a "capable programmer", so I can't tell (make) it :(

15. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Hasn't been bumped in a while. http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/92-rF2-Wishlist-Various-Sources

I think I actually requested this. I also requested at least the option to have the cars spawn with the ignition off so you have to start it every time. I have an nice full metal starter button and it only gets used because I stalled the car.

16. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

+1

I don't even have a button box, but like in netkar pro I want to start the car myself :)