Historic cars and new Matra

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Damian Baldi, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

What a blast !

I just re discovered the Historic cars after a PC upgrade, new video card and build798. The EVE car and the EVE with the Matra engine are a dream of any lover of GPL.

I was doing some laps at Palm Beach with these cars lapping in 1.18 and man...it is an orgasm of fire, tires and asphalt. The BT20 is a bit too slow for the other cars, with a more powerful engine it would be just behind the other cars.

Thanks ISI :)

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I used to hate historic monaco until I did a 45minute online race with the Howston G6. The race felt like it was ten minutes since it took all my concentration to finish. I did an online race with the howstons at historic spa. Every lap there was a track side object missing that used to be there from the previous. Made me chuckle. Yeah, the historic content is epic.

3. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I think Monaco is too difficult to start, and Spa too long and fast. A track like Palm Beach let you learn and study the car better because it's a short track.

The idea to test at a short track like Palm Beach, is to get and develop a base setup and then, go to Monaco or Spa knowing what you have in your hands, other way it become frustrating.

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

You'd be surprised at how fast you "get it" if you know you're about to race against others online. I suppose it depends on your personality and who you're racing against though. :)