Hi all, and maybe someone can help me out here (RF2 problem)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GCCRacer, Dec 12, 2012.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Hi all, first post here at ISI after I bought RF2 yesterday.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong board - please move if necessary. Also sorry to make the first post a problem report but I'm trying to enjoy my new purchase.

I'm having a problem with my Tarmac textures. Running 118 build (reports about 125 not yet encouraging) on an ATI HD4890, using HDR. High Shadows, no shadow blurring.

View attachment 5140

As you can see my Tarmac is showing "dark color" or spots even though it's 35° and totally dry. I have kind of the feeling it's related to some shader technique trying to add some relief to the road and overdoing it?

Shadow Blur option and Sun Occlusion seemed to change the look of the problem but never really get rid of it.

I admit my drivers aren't the newest, but I'm worried that upgrading to most recent might cause problem with older titles (ATI does not care a whole lot about previous generation compatibility). Anyone got an idea how to disable this particular "feature"?

Looking forward to a good time here with the community and the sim,

Helmut

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya gccracer

There are a few things not quite right yet, try a few diferent settings (but don't spend to long)
    Strange you didn't go to build 125 alot seem to think its the best build, I think ATI improvements are coming

Skippys on limerock park is a good place

3. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Problem is due to Realroad settings. Fixed in Build 125.

If you want to continue with 118 the fixes are in the archives

4. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks for the fast and very knowledgeable responses!

Adrian, a few people from the racing site I most often visit seem to have experienced really bad framerate issues with 125. The general consensus there seems to have been a downgrade + wait for next built.

Kaptainkremmen, thanks for the details - I will go search for possible fix.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I wouldn't not say it is fixed per-say

Sun Occlusion , HDR, time of day still change

<< I concur

New Build is not a downgrade more sideways, few things better few worse rest is the same.
    But it is totally useless to beta test build118 for feedback.

If all you worried about is racing not much help.

Besides it fragments rooms and most nights now for large percentage is Skippy and/OR LRP.

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

If 125 halfs frames per seconds as some of my friends are reporting I won't be able to test that at all...

I searched the 118 archives, and it seems realroad to GREEN for all three sessions should fix this issue... I'll try tomorrow.

7. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

On 125 here and have not received this problem. To fix the zebra effect, you just have to visit, practice, qual and race screen before you click on race. Problem is solved.

8. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Set practice realroad setting to "naturally progressing" and the patchy road problem is solved... I updated to build 125, and have not noticed a drop in frame rate, although, the new Limerock track is a bit heavy on the system, but I am sure eventually, that will get fixed.

9. Joe Campana

Joe Campana Registered

My advice is to always go with the latest release. Sticking with older releases because of someone else's claims of how it works is a bad idea. Try build 125 for yourself, if it's not working that well, then the next update is right around the corner.

10. tjc

tjc Registered

:)

11. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I guess I have a new favorite corner now :)

12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Wow! The big man himself.

13. GaryL

GaryL Registered

For me build 125 has been the best so far in all areas and add to this the new Skip Barber and LRP and i am now starting to see "the vision" more clearly now and makes me think the journey towards gold might soon be over.

14. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Okay, I might upgrade - however I'm confused as initially it sounded like 125 is an "interim release" and wouldn't even be put on automatic updater, so basically a "caution" release not advised for everyone to try. That's the info I got at least, which of course made me more hesitant to test it.

I suppose it's always possible to downgrade without spending a reactivation...

15. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I run GTX 460 1gb which is pretty much performance wise equalent to your GPU, I dont use HDR (dont like the caramel colors) and use medium shadows and no AA, but everything else on and maxed inclueding fxaa sun occlusion etc... I get 60-100fps depending on AI traffic in build 125.

The tarmac issue is realroad problem of a sort and going to race settings and fiddling with the realroad setting fixed mine, like mentioned above changing it to naturally progressing, this was in build 118 for me.