HELPPP!!!!! Reactivation limits seceded

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Josh Pedersen, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Josh Pedersen

Josh Pedersen Registered

i had my computer blow up on me and now just got it working again and i went to activate the game and it says activation limits seceded

2. dandar

dandar Registered

Contact support at support@rFactor.net and include your order id found in the mail "Thank you for your rFactor 2 purchase".

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012
  3. mianiak

mianiak Registered

4. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Good link, first time i notice it, but it looks more related to the forum rather than to ISI support. :)

So i guess a mail sent to support @ rFactor.net (with no spaces between the @ sign) might be the quickest way for a reactivation reset. :)

Yes, that is important, dont forget the order number!

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

RF2 has reactivation limits? That seems odd, understandable with rf1 and trymedia but now we're on ISIs own system it surely shouldn't need a limit!? Just the time allowance for yearly renewals would've thought.

6. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

ISIs own system? I was under the impression that the system is the same as in rF1...at least it looks VERY much alike.
    Also why fix a thing that's not broken? They certainly have many other things to fix that are broken :)

7. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

The system is proprietary i think, and blocks of reactivations, sadly, are a must in order to reduce piracy!

Anyway, when the system will be refined, reactivations will be required only after a format or after substancial changes in the hardware, just as Trymedia system was.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It's not the same as rf1, trymedia is not used in RF2 and its already better imo.

Yeah fair point max about piracy hadn't thought of it like that, thanks

9. TechAde

TechAde Registered

If you run out activations you should email the address mentioned in the message telling you you've run out of activations, renewals@rfactor.net.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

For the exact same reason it was there in rF1. Piracy protection. We have had people already. Just email and it'll be reset.

If you want to cut down on activation usage, backup your .rFactor2 folder from the appdata folder, and replace it after you format.

11. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Exact location:

C:\Users\(your Windows username\AppData\Roaming

Save the .rFactor folder to a safe place. Simply put it back after a an OS install and you won't have to activate again (unless you've made a major hardware change).

*Note* You must have hidden folders and files visible or you won't find it.