Help With / Requesting RF2 Skip Barber Physics Info

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Spinelli, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I'm trying to modify the RF1 Skippy as close as I can into the RF2 version. Nothing super complex but just some different numbers I can plug into the HDV file, gear file etc.

The thing is, with the RF2 settings for each of the categories above plugged into the RF1 setup, the RF1 Skippy now even has slightly more understeer than the stock RF1 Skippy (not in every situation, but overall). It's now even further from behaving like the RF2 Skippy than the original RF1 one. I'm thinking it may have to do with the new RF1 settings (especially suspension stuff like dampers, springs, etc.) not matching well to other physics/setup parameters that aren't available in the garage, for example, bump stops and stuff like that.

The more info, the better (there's around 50 lines just in the aero section of the HDV), but for now, I'm mostly concerned with the following:

[GENERAL]
    Mass=x // all mass except fuel - (RF2 car-profile page sates 1250 lbs, but how accurate is that to the actual RF2 physics file?)
    Inertia=(x, x, x) // all inertia except fuel
    FuelTankPos=(x, x, x) // location of tank relative to center of rear axle in reference plane
    FuelTankMotion=(x,x) // simple model of fuel movement in tank (spring rate per kg, critical damping ratio)
    CGHeight=x // height of body mass (excluding fuel) above reference plane

[SUSPENSION]
    FrontWheelTrack=x // if non-zero, forces the front wheels to be specified track width
    RearWheelTrack=x // if non-zero, forces the rear wheels to be specified track width
    LeftWheelBase=x // if non-zero, forces the left side to use specified wheelbase
    RightWheelBase=x // if non-zero, forces the right side to use specified wheelbase

[FRONTLEFT] [FRONTRIGHT] [REARLEFT] REARRIGHT]
    BumpTravel=x // suspension travel upwards (= 40mm Free bump travel - 60mm minimum static ride height = -20mm)
    ReboundTravel=x // suspension travel downwards (= - 50mm Free rebound travel - 80mm maximum Static ride height = -130mm)
    BumpStopSpring=x // initial spring rate of bumpstop
    BumpStopRisingSpring=x // rising spring rate of same (multiplied by deflection squared)
    BumpStopDamper=x // initial damping rate of bumpstop
    BumpStopRisingDamper=x // rising damper rate of same (multiplied by deflection squared)
    BumpStage2=x // speed where damper bump moves from slow to fast
    ReboundStage2=x // speed where damper rebound moves from slow to fast
    FrictionTorque=x // Newton-meters of friction between spindle and wheel
    SpinInertia=x // inertia in pitch direction including any axle but not brake disc
    CGOffsetX=x // x-offset from graphical center to physical center (NOT IMPLEMENTED)
    PushrodSpindle=(x, x, x) // spring/damper connection to spindle or axle (relative to wheel center)
    PushrodBody=(x, x, x) // spring/damper connection to body (relative to wheel center)
    BrakeDiscInertia=X // inertia per meter of thickness
    BrakeTorque=1375.0 // maximum brake torque at zero wear and optimum temp

I would greatly appreciate it anyone can provide me with the exact RF2 Skippy values for the above.
    Thanks!

P.S. This is the stuff I have matching so far (modded RF1 Skippy HDV and gears.INI files):
    Rev Limiter
    Fuel
    Brake Bias
    Brake Pressure
    Brake Disc
    Weight Distribution (F/R)
    Steering Ratio
    Tyre Pressure
    Camber
    Toe
    Caster
    Springs
    Dampers (4-way)
    Packers
    Ride Height
    Individual Gear Ratios (gears 1-5)
    Final Gear Ratio

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
  2. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

Check my response to you in the FOV thread here - http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...pendant-of-FOV?p=333322&viewfull=1#post333322

long story short you can view all the values yourself by using the mas tool, opening the skippies skipbarber_car.mas, then extracting the skipbarber.HDV inside of that mas out to a normal file (in mas tool just right click on the hdv file and hit extract), then just open it with notepad like usual

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

oh that's how you do it. Thanks!!