Help to play replays

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2ndLastJedi, Jan 8, 2017.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

If i go into my rFactor 2 root install it has a replay file . what can i use to play them ?
    I have tried different players but nothing works . I seem to have to go in game to view replays .

2. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Yes in game, options, replay

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Thanks , but is there a way of viewing replays while not in game from within the replay files in the root of rF2?

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

No. InGame only.

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Oh, Okay ,Thanks .
    i just found the replay file and thought this would be good to share over Youtube instead of having to record capture and lose fps .
    My 1070 struggles to capture @ to maintain 60fps @4k with the settings i use .
    But anyway FWP i guess .lol

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

the replay file has all cameras and cars and all moments/positions from the race, how would be possible to send it straight to youtube? :eek:
    In rF1 was possible to edit a video in game, just had to adjust all cameras, do the cuts, etc and then export it as a video. Was very slow to export tho so I already prefer to record it with external programs. No idea if this is still present in rF2, never checked

7. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Do not bothering uploading 4K to youtube. Their compression will mess the quality anyway. Use 1080p and go for higher and smoother framerate and track detail.

Editing videos can ve very rewarding and once you get used to it, it doesn't take much time to do simple things like combining onboard with TV cameras.

Besides, a full reply of a race can be a bit boring to watch. I reserve those for hotlaps.