Help please. My refresh keeps changing to 24hz when viewed in the UI, why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HammerX, Nov 2, 2016.

1. HammerX

HammerX Registered

Why does rfactor2 keeps changing my refresh rate to 24hz. I am running the game in 5280x1004 on three monitors as I run everything else. I have tried boarder less, full screen etc, yet it changes my refresh back to 24hz. when I start the sim. When I set it through the launcher (as it should be done), it stays at the settings I set. Start the UI and go into options it's 24hz. I never had this issue before.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I saw this last night on my single screen. I went to the video config and it was sitting there at 24hz. Odd.

3. lonestar29

lonestar29 Member

this happens to me too . . . my PC is connect to small monitor and a high-def projector.
    if my projector is not ON when I launch rF2, the video config seems to regress to 24hz and lower resolution.

and when that happens, I have to turn project ON, and reconfig the video settings (ie, 60hz) . . . after that, as long as I turn projector ON before launching rF2, it keeps the settings.

4. Spidersaurus

Spidersaurus Registered

Hate to bring up old thread but.... Same thing happening here now. Stuck at 24hz,ive made sure nvidia setting is using 144hz, turned off vsync but in game, any other number I put in it just jumps back to 24...

5. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I recently went from a 24" monitor to a 32" 4K 3840-2160res monitor and when set to this res the same happens to me, it shows 24hz. You can set it to 60hz in the launcher video settings but it still shows 24hz in the options resolution section. I haven't found it makes any difference to the performance of the game from when I was using the 24" monitor which showed 60hz. I haven't found any cure for this bug, I think setting to high resolutions triggers this bug. All the time it's not effecting performance I will ignore it. It's a bit annoying though.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  6. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

Are you guys playing in fullscreen or windowed/borderless? I have a 144hz ultrawide monitor and it doesn't run at 144hz unless I'm in fullscreen, it'll default back to 60hz no matter what I do unless I switch to fullscreen.

7. Spidersaurus

Spidersaurus Registered

Ya I think this did it, I normally do it on borderlesa to tune the shakeit app. After changing to full screen AND setting it to 144hz in the nvidia control panel along with it, it stays on 144....

Now I wonder if it stays that way once I hook up my other 2 side monitor

8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

All 3 monitors will have to be 144hz.