Help needed with screen position

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ccjcc81, Jan 22, 2013.

1. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

Guys, I need some help with screen position adjustment. I run a 40” monitor, and have my wheel pretty close to it, and my FOV is right where I like it.. I like to position my virtual seat so that I can see my tachometer or speedometer inside my wheel rim. In rFactor (1) this is achievable, but in rFactor 2 I can’t adjust my seat enough to get it where I like it. Is there a text file I can edit to get some more screen position adjustment than what is achievable with the seat adjustment keys? There are some photos below to illustrate my problem. Also, how do I submit this to ISI as a suggestion for future improvement? Just need a little more seat adjustment freedom.

Thanks guys.

Good adjustability in these:

View attachment 5805
    View attachment 5806

Can't quite get there in these:

View attachment 5807
    View attachment 5808

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The file you are searching for is "370z.hdv". Inside you will find the parameters for seat adjustment.
    The problem is that this file is included inside the "370z_MAIN.mas" file. You have to extract all files from this mas-file, edit the hdv-file, rebuild a new "370z_MAIN.mas" and finally create a new component file for the Nissan370zGT4.

3. Hazi

Hazi Registered

+1
    Little more - I (we) suggested that in an other thread allready and hopefully we will get more.

4. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

There is an adjustment in plr file about this. I think your point of view is looking too much to the ground. I forget the parameter that has to be changeg but you will find stuff about this in Zeospantera thread about fov. Is in his signature.

5. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

plr file does have pitch that might help but I don't think it will totally get you there

6. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

Actually a pitch adjustment may help a little. Good lead, thanks very much guys. I have no idea how to extract a .mas file...maybe later on that.