Help moving wheels on a model

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Simonk, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Hi guys
    I'm stuck trying to move the rear wheels so that they visually sit within the centre of the body arch and don't sink below the road surface. In 3dsimed if I move them -0.025 on the Y axis and 0.025 on the Z axis they sit perfectly within the body. Export to RF2 and they no longer rotate around the centre of the wheel. I then imported into 3dsimed as a model and used "set pivot point" to move the pivot point -0,025 and 0.025 as above, exported to RF2 and wheels rotate properly but back in their original position. I'm thinking I'm not going about it the right way so was wondering if there's another way to move the wheels.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The physics will determine their final location, if I'm not mistaken.

@Simonk (below) ok, I probably am mistaken then. Been too long since I half played with this aspect (I just stick to physics normally), so I'll let someone familiar with the graphics and 3dSimed give you what's probably a simple answer, rather than lead you down the wrong track.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  3. Simonk

Simonk Registered

I've played with the track and wheelbase settings in the hdv on a different car but these won't allow for the movement I'm trying to achieve. I thought maybe the spindle and wheel position in the chassis file but I don't understand these numbers and they did really weird stuff when I changed them.