Helmet + skin FR35 -> not visible online, mistake from me or bug?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ifrans, Mar 27, 2013.

1. ifrans

ifrans Registered

how do I get the helmets to work online in combination with the car with Formula Renault 3.5?
    It is no problem if I do it with the Marussia for example.

Offline it's shows the combination when racing and in replay, when I go online when I drive I can see it for myself but nobody online can see it, and when I look at the replay it shows the original skin and not mine (helmet and car).

If I put just my car online without helmet filename it does show my car to others.

I tried different things, renaming them to the original filename with alt at the back of it (that did get rid of extra car skin with the colors of the helmet), but even then it's not showing my skin for others.

I tried these combinations:
    FR35_18alt.dds (this version did not show the extra carskin with helmet colours)
    FR35_18ALTHELMET.dds

This is the filename Oslakovi used, I thought if I renamed it the way Oslakovi did it would work, his does show up online. (post your skin here, page 26)
    MR01_25alt.dds
    MR01_25ALTHELMET.DDS

What is the magic trick?

I just tried to save my Schumacher helmet as MR01_25ALTHELMET.DDS and put it in the map of oslakovi's Lotus skin, and than it did show the schumacher helmet online with the lotus design.

Also tryed own design marussia with helmet, also works online and visible.

That makes me think it's a bug, but perhaps someone can tell me if I did something wrong before I post it as a possible bug, even if ISI does not support the helmet skins officialy. Perhaps because it was one of the first ones ISI released.

Thank you very much!

2. ifrans

ifrans Registered

I posted it in the technical support forum because I guess not many people have the experience with this, there are no replies:rolleyes:

Did get from DJCruicky a link of a thread with some explanaition from Luc van Camp, but the situation is not exactly the same.

I put that link also in the technical support forum. Hopefully someone from ISI can say what could be the problem (with me or the software:p ) or work on it in the future if they did not already solved the problem in the internal builds.

3. ifrans

ifrans Registered

NEW UPDATE: tried to race just my skin, also not visable, even without helmet. I really thought I had it working this morning without the helmet. Must have made a mistake with al the trials.

Went to try someone else his skin online, that one was also not visible online.
    That makes me think that is does not work at all online, not helmet related.

IF someone else could try if a skin that was created (for formula renault 3.5) is visible for others to see online that would help alot.

I could still be making a mistake, but i just don't know what could be the solution. Afterall with the Marussia's its no problem.

if someone is willing to test it I put down a skin form someone else.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d83awovgoyq8wgz/FR35_Caterham.rar

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2013
  4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Just a guess, were the FR3.5 servers you were trying your alt skins have custom skins switched on? Not all servers have this switched on as it uses a lot of bandwidth. Did you wait long enough for skin to upload to server.
    Just guessing.

DJC

5. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Hey DJC,

Thanks for your respons. Did not knew about both of those things you mention:rolleyes:

With testing I was going on and of te servers very quickly to find out if which combination does or does not work, so probably not long enough. Is there a way to see if Servers do or do not do have custom skins turned on?

Did see bandwith in race settings online.

What you are saying would be way more logical, It did not make sense to me that the skins are not visible only at Formula Renault 3.5. I will test my skins today on different servers (and stay on it for 15 minutes) :) Hopefully one of them does support it so I can know for sure.

Thanks!!

New: Just tested it by waiting longer and indeed what you said is correct! Thank you very much! No bug at all, just a lack of knowledge on my side:)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013
  6. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Good to hear ifrans.
    yeah you just need to wait for the box next to your name turn green.

7. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Thnx, already wonderd where that stand for, good to have that indicator in there.