HDR Whiteout_Tri Fire Setup

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Paul_Ceglia, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I just tried dual-card + tri-screen with RRE. Only this time I switched out one of the 6950s with another so that now they are both the exact, exact same kind of card. Changed the crossfire cable with another. Switched the pci-e cables. Even completely re-installed drivers.

Didn't help.

RRE seems to have less stutters, but the problem still happens, plus the frames are (avg, min, max) 36, 22, 51 with 1 card, with dual cards, 35, 21, 45. What the hell????? Almost identical avg, min, and max????

Dual-GPU + triple-screen (only when its both together) is CLEARLY broken, at least on my computer, and with 12.10 drivers (will be doing 13.1 + 12.11 CAP soon).

It gets even weirder though.

RFactor 1 and GT Legends on track with no other cars, cockpit view, is like stuck at 38 fps. Both at exactly 38, and both do it regardless if I have anti-aliasing at 8x or completely off. That's kind of suspicious don't you guys think? Sometimes it'll just go to 39 or 40, but it almost always just stays at 38. Also, like RRE, frames don't get better with crossfire, not even a tiny bit, you get the exact same frames as 1 card but with more stutters/frame skips.

All I can say is WHAT THE HELL???

2. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

no, with 3gpus @ 45 fps it was still smooth as slicing through butter with a hot knife. Now with 2 gpus that's when i would get stuttering

3. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

that is very weird, I wish i could help but it sounds like something is a miss with your system maybe even when i ran 2gpus other games played great like gsc2012, race07 rf1 it was only rfactor2 where i would experience the stutter problem. I guess you haven't tried the third card yet???????

4. eduardorpavin

eduardorpavin Registered

same problem with build 198