HDR Modification / Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Jun 16, 2013.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

There is no need to dump anything, this thread has proven rF2 engine is well capable if car/track materials are adjusted correctly, sadly they are not most of time. See for example these screenshots from Nords 1.70.

2. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I don't think it's totally necessary to have an amazing graphic quality for a racing simulator (or course it would be welcome though). This is one thing, another thing totally different (and non-sense IMO) is to state rF2 is more realistic than their competitors. No, it's not. Period.

And yes, some tracks have proven that is possible to obtain a good (or even excellent) GFX in rFactor 2, but the few number of them also proves that is very, very difficult and rare. Just recall when devtools were released... it's long time.

It wouldn't bother me since rF2 has better physics and FFB if the graphics performance was solid, but I say that I spend more time messing out rF2 graphics parameters (in and out of the game) than racing itself. And this, after some times, becomes very boresome.

3. Tosch

Tosch Registered

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Strange Satangoss that you are more fiddling with GFX-settings than driving!
    Once it works on heavyest car/track combination it´s done! Not?
    Maybe to let everything on default is the best solution for you if you are not
    able to manage this!

Aaaaahha. Thank you for this great statement! I never knew...
    That implies that the competiters have the same physics-ability or you mean that the competitors are
    more realistic!
    Both is BS. I tested it.

Edit: Thanks for the pics Tosch! I knew it and I loled that some people still seem to see a difference to the good at the other two games!

5. rongarz

rongarz Registered

Thanks for showing what can be achieved, Tosch. I especially like your comparison with automatic values and different custom values on the previous page. I prefer the second custom HDR look of that set. Nice contrast and clarity, but not too dark and not too shiny.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3846/14720062618_1b315d2b1c_o.jpg

I hope to see an in-game interface for tuning these values without having to do extensive bracketing value tests and screenshots. I also hope the automation will continue to develop to overcome the shortcomings of some mod tracks. Some are quite nice, some are fine, but I have tried a few which are either too dull and flat or too dark to enjoy out of of the box with standard or automation settings. That's why I've started trying different profiles and my own custom values for some tracks.

6. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Bravo Tosch. I am impressed at how close you got. Need to add that crooked angle to complete the circle.

7. Bill B

Bill B Registered

I don't have any idea of how you are achieving these profiles, but I would like to know something, and this seems the best place to ask.

You probably know that with the HDR set on headlights are very difficult to see in day light. With it off some cars are difficult to see out of. As if they have very dark windscreen. Can a profile be made that you can see the headlights, and a clear windscreen?

Thanks

8. coops

coops Banned

HDR affects the mirrors makes them way to bright to see any where near as good as the virtual mirrors unless you turn off HDR. Is there a fix for this ?

9. Some1

Some1 Registered

Perhaps try using the shader "No lighting T1" on the mirror texture?