Has anyone ever tried a Sim Formula Series?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Guy Moulton, May 4, 2012.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Every mod out there is based off a real world racing series or a real world car, but as anyone broken out of that box and created a series that doesn't consider safety (it's a computer game) and the only limits are the limits of the game physics engine? I guess there would have to be a formula for min/max power and vehicle dimensions, but different modding groups could be the manufacturers and create teams to compete in this SF1 Championship, coming out with upgrades between races. The formula could create a car that tests the limits of the driver and the physics engine as well as the modding skills of the groups.

I don't know what made me think of this- it's a little crazy. But as it stands now sim racing is in a box simulating the real world when it can break out and use the real world physics to build cars that the real world can't because of safety concerns.

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

sounds like GPL-Thundercars

3. kmw

kmw Registered

Thats a superb idea, maybe someone could create a basic vehicle template, available to anyone, then each entrant would be free to edit the engine/gearbox files etc, to get as much as possible out of their car. I really like the idea of this, I would probably represent a team like Marussia! But it would be great fun. :)