hardware plugin - camber values wrong

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Stefan_L_01, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Hi
    I tried to get out of the hardware plugin interface the camber values, but they dont make sense (e.g. 1.2234234 e-18).
    All other work fine (though mVerticalTireDeflection seems to be off too, very low?)
    BR
    Stefan

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

From what I've seen camber is always zero.

What sort of values are you expecting for VTD? And what are you getting?

*My 'zero' camber is probably rounded to 8 decimal places or so; if there are very small values I wonder if there's a scaling issue with the telemetry values, rather than no values at all... interesting...

3. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Hi
    What is VTD? If camber is set to -2.2 static, i expect something like -2.2 in degree or value in rad, doesnt matter.
    Acutally i wonder what camber is in cornering, to the road or to the car?

Anyway: I have an other issue. It is not a bug, but i don´t know where to post else:
    the Best sector time you get is for sector1 and 2 the absolute best time driven there, NOT the sector times of the best lap. But the last sector time difference can only be calculated by substracting best sector2 from best lap, and this leads to wrong pure sector timing.
    Also, when you leave and rejoin, it is not possible to show the real sector times of the best lap, only the absolute best ones can be received.
    So it would be helpful to separate absolute best sectoring (and also receiving a theoretical cumulative best lap time) from real best lap sectoring and receive both

BR
    Stefan

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

VTD = mVerticalTireDeflection

You mentioned you were getting very low values; I'm curious what you're getting and what you expected.

I don't know whether camber would be relative to the car or the surface; I suspect the car would be a better reference, but because it's always basically 0 I've never looked into it.

Regarding sector timing, the notes for Build 1028 say the sector times have been corrected to some extent:

- Added times for sector 1 & 2 from best lap to the plugin scoring data. (Not necessarily the best sector 1 & 2 times, which are already provided.)

5. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Thank you for the hint with the 1028. Does this mean a new plugin will be available soon? It does not read as the times would replace the current best ones, but an Addition.

If i Display camber formatted by %g, i get sometimes -0.000 , so when i debugged i found the value sometimes to be -1.e-18.
    I can check vtd later. But I´m not so much into tire Analysis anymore. You see, we run a league with F2 eve and spark, and they get faster if it start to rain or when a roard gets dry (wetness < 70% somehow). Also some run very fast on very low pressure. So the tire model is a big questionmark not following real logic anyway.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think there were duplicate values before, so the 'added' ones should be in the existing interface.

Old tyres may lack the newer parameters for wet weather, and because of the combination of dry and wet grip values they can gain when the track is damp. The key with those old values is that 'fully damp' is 50% wet track, and then all tyres (regardless of compound) have a preset amount of grip loss for a full wet track. There is a new parameter for setting the wet grip explicitly now.

7. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

no there aren´t duplicate ones. Current, last and best, that´s it.
    Maybe they are in the "future use" mem space arrea, i just don´t know which offset

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

9. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

well thx i finally found out. Compared to the exisiting times which are double (8Bytes), 2 4-Byte floats are used starting from Byte Offset mExpansion[4]