Hardcore League options

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Ricklandia, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Ricklandia

Ricklandia Registered

Perhaps mentioned in other posts [including some of my own previous ones?] I would love to see some "hardcore" options made available for Leagues and League race weekends, such as;

Instead of 'exit only when stopped', how about an 'exit only in pits' option - making this the only safe method of exiting the car while still remaining active in the current session. Exit the car any other way [ie. on track] and get locked out of the current session. I think this might promote more responsible on track driving during sessions, especially qualifying.

And to further that thought [and this is what prompted me to post today] what about the idea of a driver "death"?
    Okay, before jump all over that, hear me out...
    Perhaps a better word can be found for it but the principal is the same, and an expansion of the 'exit' I proposed earlier;
    I'm assuming rF2 measures and calculates incar G-Forces.
    What if a G-Force limit could be set wherein if it's exceeded the player "dies", not only exiting the current session but also being locked out for the remainder of the race weekend. This, too, could go a long way in promoting more responsible driving during a race weekend. If you think about it, it's somewhat similar to iRacing's driver safety rating, but much simpler to put into effect.

As a league admin, I would propose instituting these new options immediately in our premier level Championship were they available.

EDIT: also, for league purposes, would love to see an admin incar chat override command. As a DRIVER, I would much rather prefer being able to turn off all chat messages while I'm in the car. But as an admin, I have to instruct all drivers NOT to do so, so that if an ADMIN requires everyone's attention for an important announcement, everyone will hear it - on track or not. So if the chat could be set up to override the 'no incar chat messages' if it's coming from a server admin. This gives us the best of both worlds.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015