half FFB rate?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Twowi, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Twowi

Twowi Registered

Hi, fairly new to the game and I can't seem to find an option like AMS's 180hz or AC's skip FFB steps. It gives me a significant boost in those games, but it seems to be missing. Am i blind or does that simply not exist, and If so, why?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm not aware of anything like that. There is an option in ffb controls area to increase the initial % of ffb, dependant upon the car you are driving. (I think I'm explaining that poorly) The last thing an rF2 ffb routine would do is SKIP steps...especially since there really aren't any steps. You feel the tires/car interacting with the road surface, not the software. Add your equipment in questions like yours to allow other users with similar hardware to possibly chip in with what works for them. Best of luck and welcome aboard.

3. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Rf2 did have that setting on controller.json before, but they got rid of it. I don't know why.
    What kind of boost you mean? ffb improvement of something else?
    I used it with my osw and found it very beneficial for my ffb. Trying to get the ffb as good as it was back then i have spent about 2k€ now.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 8:32 AM
  4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Twowi i m not sure but i think RF2 ffb works at 330hz by default

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

rF2 outputs FFB at 400Hz. This FFB is built on maths of up to 2400Hz at the tyres, so apart from wheels that can't handle the full output rate I don't think there's anything to be gained by reducing the rate. AMS is built on rF1 as far as I know, I think they increased the physics rate from what it was originally (360 to 720 perhaps, internally) but FFB might still be a little 'raw' when output at 360Hz.

If your wheel is too noisy (physically noisy, or there's too much FFB 'noise') try FFB smoothing in the game.

*For comparison, rFactor 1 physics was 360Hz internally, but the FFB was limited to 90Hz. That perhaps gives some indication of how fast ISI felt it should be, based on how the physics engine worked.

Alex72 likes this.
  6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

yeah 400
    ty Lazza

7. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Lazza. In my case the ffb update rate worked a bit like a low pass filter. There is some not so nice feeling stuff in the ffb with some cars in the higher frequencies. A bit like scraping fingernails to a chalkboard type stuff. Not really that bad but still not too pleasant. With direct drive wheel there is no belts or anything to dampen these frequencies. By lowering the ffb update rate i was able to cut out these frequencies without using filter (and without dampening the good stuff on lower frequencies) for that.

Sorry didn't meant to hijack the thread for my problems. Twowi's thing might have nothing to do with this.

Alex72 likes this.
  8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Korva7
    you didnt hijack anything mate
    its just the feeling that something missing from my house.......(DD) !!!!!!!
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Alex72 and Korva7 like this.