GTX Titan upgrade worth it?

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by jiffymarker, Apr 18, 2013.

1. jiffymarker

jiffymarker Registered

Can anyone with a single GTX Titan recommend one over my existing GTX 670 SLI setup?
    My dual GTXs (ASUS Top Spec 1137mhz, 2gb each) with my settings run Monaco and LRP@120fps. Easy.
    However, some tracks start off ok, but through some timing zones the frames drop in half (Sebring is the worst i think). Sometimes into the 40's. I also have a minor stuttering issue. Noticeable, but not too bad.
    I understand the benefits of a single card solution, what I'm wondering is, are these types of headaches going to go away? Any advice is much appreciated since my rig is a dedicated RF2 machine.

2. coops

coops Banned

i have the gtx 680 4 gig and its very good i think with rf2 so i would say a 6 gig titan would be tops.

3. Thiago Lima

Thiago Lima Registered

KKKKKKKKK, just LOVED your avatar.

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I would stick with your x2 670's , although a Titan will give you some boost

Also bear in mind that you need a meaty CPU (with overclock) to get the most out of a Titan

I went to a Titan from x2 580's ( I also wanted unsynced 3d vision ) so ony just worth it for me