GT cars DESTROYED my F1 skill

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hedlund_90, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

This all seems to make sense and I probably could have worded my previous post better. What I meant was that your comment seemed to be out of the blue because no one was dissing the GTR in the thread so your comment seemed like a troll or some kind of preemptive strike against anyone who might diss the GTR. But that has nothing to do with where this thread was going but no problem I didn't have a problem with your post I was just curious.

So, back on topic, Hedlund are you driving Eve, Spark or Brab?

2. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Huh? What did that come from?

3. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

You didn't read carefully enough:

My words "And don't listen to some chumps who are dissing the GTR" were aimed at that. Also a subtle word pun with the word chumps as the poster was F2Chump...get it now? ;)

4. jtbo

jtbo Registered

That is total opposite from why I'm interested in rF2, I prefer to have cars that I own in rF2, cars that I can say are handling like in real world, you see in real world there is lot of costs involved, time schedules etc, to have car in rF2 you can also have spirited driving as much as you like without safetynazis killing your fun.

I don't like so much from cars that I can't drive in reality because I can't relate to them and I can't really tell if it is really driving like real thing or not.

So there are more angles than one, once again :)

5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Well, I drive them all. Mostly Brabham or Spark. Brabham is much easier of course, but Spark once was my favourite!

I noticed I can still drive them on Spa because it's a faster track, and I think the tarmac is not as slippery as Putnam.

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

The track with best grip is Nordschleife ;) I would even say it's the track with the most realistic grip level..

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

LOL. Awesome. Even more funny is that I had to try GTR again after this thread, even though I was afraid it would destroy my F1 skills and found it to be not very good at all, other than, like the other mods, making me appreciate the F1 all the more LOL.

8. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yeah so who is working on an rf2 ms3!?!?!

9. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I drive Spark exclusively. When I was learning how to host, I had trouble where I could only get Eve and Brab to work in multiplayer and I thought no problem b/c I could just drive the Eve but I the stock Eve I have problems with where I like the Spark out of the box. Could be that I am just used to Spark but I wouldn't be surprised if other found Eve more challenging out of the box.

Yeah Putnam is an evil little track but I love it! You might try Hartland Park or Sebring that is a little wider and just have fun sliding around and getting back used to feathering the gas.

Edit: oh yeah, and stop driving POS GTR LOL

10. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

What makes you think your opinion has any influence...;)

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

OK I've been thinking about eraser/egg thing and that will not work b/c you are losing so much of the power. For example, I use WOT in 3-5 gear much of the time and certainly on straights. Also I am finding that if I squeeze the accelerator in a straight line I am approaching WOT in 2nd also. Agree?

Edit: Also one more thing. You can get poor man's traction control by shifting earlier or using taller gear ratio.