Grip in RF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GaetanL, Nov 17, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Anybody who says that spins happen too suddenly, I have to ask what framerate they are consistently running?

2. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

what would you consider an acceptable minimum framerate Tim?

3. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

4. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

So, the OP conclusions about grip are based on TV broadcasting graphics?

Ok, I see.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  5. 88mphTim

One that doesn't impact the brains ability to feel and react, and that's rarely a particular number, for a particular car or person. Huge amounts of people run too high settings for their systems, get too low framerates, and have a different software experience because of it. And this goes for any sim. Honestly, anybody that questions handling or physics in any sim, one of the first things to do should be to run minimums and see how it really feels.

6. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Minimum of 35 at start, 60-70 in race. And by spin, I mean that the car launches sideways too violently, even if you save it. It's cool for the twin turbo Lexus, but for race cars, it feels off to me.

7. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

At the moment with the tyre smoke / particle slow down everyone is experiencing, it's a really good tactic in multiplayer to deliberately kick up dust behind you. That pretty much guarantees the person behind is going to mess up unless they are running on minimum settings. :)

8. 88mphTim

I can't launch a car sideways unless I am not smooth with my inputs, but then the car does what I'd expect it to when I put it off balance into a turn... Try reducing your settings and maintaining a higher framerate though, it might allow you to feel more as the motion will be more fluid. No harm in trying. :)

9. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

I've got to agree! This is the Reason why i can't run Drummond. Always when i see the Radio-Towers in the Background, my framerate drops below 60 (even with everything on minimum...the settings somehow change nothing on drummond). The difference in how i perceive the cars motion above and below 60 fps is massive. Below 60 fps i can't really manage to control the car as much as i can above.

10. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

My screen is a 60 hertz. ;)
    I really like the way the MAK F3 behaves, for reference. Let's just say that the ISI GT cars feel too light when they start sliding, and that no amount of words will convince me otherwise.

11. 88mphTim

It's probably actually because they're heavier, which gives them more force to move in the sideways direction they're moving, that makes them feel light. A lighter car might feel heavier by contrast to you because they have less weight to overcome the forces trying to stop them.

12. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

That would explain it, yes.

13. Andregee

Andregee Registered

[REDIRECT][/REDIRECT]
    I have the same Impression especially with cars like the Corvette. Slow cornering with a mimimum of sliding and i feel nothing of the Force Feedback with the CLubsport Wheel. It feels like sliding on ice, with very light steering without any centerforce so that i get no Information about grip levels.
    With my old G27 I feel everytime an acceptable Center Force with enough Information of grip, but not with the Fanatec Wheels. I am noting using a Center spring with the logitech so the differences must be caused by RF2. In all other sims, i have the same Level of loosing Center force while untersteering with both wheels. It would be easier with a possible adjustment like in GTR2 or Rfactor1 by using other settings of "FFB steer force grip weight="0.25000" in the ini.file

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
  14. speed1

speed1 Banned

@Tim i know the devs are aware of the little unfinished parts of the tires but would you say it is feelable that there is something not fully implemented ? Why i'm asking this is, because every disscussion about is sensless as far as it is not final imho. Furthermore it would be absolutely normal if a sim car would not behave in every detail as intended and should with placeholder. One of the devs said the patch is fully working but could be even better and also the load distribution model seems not working as it should.

So what we are talking about here than ? Shouldn't we get it completed first before we could rate the behaviour of the cars more qualified ?

edit: Cmon guys bring it to the end soon please !

15. Galaga

Galaga Banned

16. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Said this many times; the problem is lack of feel from tires/mechanical grip. Its there or not, if you cant feel it, whats the point. The center of the wheel is numb in alot of cars in rF2 and its impossible to catch a slide when the info comes when the rear is already loose. Catching a slide with a real car is not hard, physics "helps" out by making the wheel wanting to turn to the opposite lock. The lack of info with just a wheel and monitor is part of the problem, and numb center wheel is the other, especially in very low speeds, this is crucial.

17. 88mphTim

Inside normal usage parameters and within tested ranges all types of tires on released cars should behave in a relatively realistic way. Whether you could feel something outside of that? I frankly wouldn't know. What you feel inside it should be relatively realistic to what those tires feel like when you have done to them whatever you have done to them.

18. 88mphTim

If I can do it, then anybody of average skill (what I consider myself) should be able to. But I also heard the same of rF1, and had no problem catching slides in that, either. Maybe I have quick hands... I'd again have to ask about your framerate?

19. speed1

speed1 Banned

Igrnore the question below, i know you can't give me the answer i expect.

edit: you where faster than me, i see you have still reply to it, thx Tim. No i don't feel anything special than thing's i already have mentioned within the ffb that's all. About the grip factor i don't feel much qualified atm.

First i would like to know, it's ready before i go to look like something when i'm going to rate it based on wrong facts, as example bad PC and AMD performance :)

edit: deleted thread unrelated stuff.

20. speed1

speed1 Banned

Edit !