Great T500 RS offer in the UK

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ForthRight, Jan 31, 2013.

1. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GC-028-TH

Their normal price of £330 was the cheapest in the UK to begin with (I'm pretty sure anyway), but it is currently on a 'This Week Only' deal for £300. I do wish it was the F1 wheel version but you can't have everything. The deal ends on Wednesday morning next week.

Just thought I'd let people know.

2. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks for letting us know mate. I got a G25 and need to upgrade, this or Fanatec...but are the below quotes so true???

3. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

I don't actually have the T500 yet - i'm thinking of getting it before this deal runs out.

I get the impression it is better than a G25 (which is what i'm currently using too), but I don't believe it will be as much of a jump in quality as those quotes make out - the G25 wheel and pedals are still very good.

One thing I like about the T500 is that the pedals can be adjusted in various ways, and they even include a brake mod in the box which can make the brake pedal stiffer. I've read a few reviews and the wheel sounds very nice overall - everything except the fixed paddle shifters that is.

4. Duvel

Duvel Registered

you get completely used to the fixed paddles, it really isn't an issue at all.

5. LowRider

LowRider Registered

Don't know about the quotes, but i would always prefer my T500. It works much better and have much less failure quota as the fanatec.

6. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Yes they are. As a T500RS and TH8 RS owner, I can say that its the perfect package.

7. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Interesting, thanks guys :) What do you mean by "fixed paddle shifters"?

8. Duvel

Duvel Registered

they don't move with the wheel, they are static.

9. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

the paddles are connected to the wheel housing instead of the wheel itself, so they don't rotate together, causing one to have to take his hands of the wheel in certain situations

10. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Ah! ok thanks :)

11. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

However the Ferrari F1 wheel addon has paddles that move with the wheel, and I think the original T500 paddles stay attached to the wheel base so you actually have two sets of paddles if you use the F1 wheel (yes i've been doing research).

The comments here make the T500 sound like a very nice wheel. Could anyone who has upgraded from a G25/27 to the T500RS give some comparison comments specifically on the pedals please? Do the T500 pedals feel much better than the G25/27 pedals or is there not a lot in it? I don't mean the build quality or appearance but rather how they actually perform when driving.

Thanks.

12. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Years ago i bought my G25 from them on one of these deals for £127!

I've been keeping my eye on the T500 at overclockers and they regularly have this deal so i'm sure if you don't buy it right now you'll have other chances in the near future.

G25 is great, the only major letdown are the pedals, heel-toeing is not possible for me the way they are positioned and you can't move them at all, so if/when we get a realistic clutch i'll be all over a T500!

13. tHenOrthfAce

tHenOrthfAce Registered

I bought a T500rs some 7-8 weeks ago and i love it. I upgraded from a GT3RS with CS-pedals and the T500 wheel itself is miles ahead compared to the fanatec one. The T500 pedals are ok but the loadcell brake from fanatec was better.

Befor the GT3RS i used a G25. Whereas the fanatec pedals where way better than logitec´s the GT3RS wheel suffered from a too weak motor for its beltdrivin mechanics. It was smoother than the G25 but it lacks in raw force or power.

The T500 has plenty of power and it combines it with the smoothness of a beltdriven system...perfect!!!

The static wheel shifter paddles are easy to get used to. They are even very realistic if you have a look at some supercars or rally cars, most of those cars have static paddles.
    I also own the f1 rim which gives a nice feeling when driving formula or touring (DTM, Brasilian Stock Car..) cars.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
  14. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

Thank you for the replies.

Looks like I might have to find a way to buy it now.

15. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

The T500 is unquestionably the best wheel around at the moment. The only thing better is a properly modded T500. You have to do some serious searching and pay a LOT more for something better. I think Golanv has the best setup possible (except I have finally accepted paddle shift as the way).

16. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Bump

New deal - £289.99 inc. VAT, same link as 1st post will take you there

17. Golanv

Golanv Registered

That price is just ridiculous, practically free!

18. hoover

hoover Registered

Damn, now you got me pondering again... they're up for sale in used ("as new") condition on amazon.de for 284€ incl. shipping... damn damn damn, thanks for that! ;)

I need to replace my aging g25... it's all wobbly round the center... *sigh* ;)

19. Golanv

Golanv Registered

The one who is looking for a new wheel and passes this offer is a cock.

20. hoover

hoover Registered

... or isn't based in the UK.