Graphics tuning using FXAA injector

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kosmo1982, Jan 24, 2012.

1. isamu

isamu Registered

Wow...talk about an unexpected surprise!

I didn't expect anyone to catch my question regarding GPL let alone respond to it. I have tried asking the guys over at SRMZ.net about using FXAA Injector with GPL and no one really knows, so it's a pleasant surprise DRat and Ginnypie to see you guys shed some light on this situation.

So GPL uses Dx7 'eh? That sucks. I guess the only way would be if Nigel or someone else created a D3D9 Rasterizer explicitly for GPL? Or perhaps maybe the guys that created the FXAA injector creates an injector specifically for DX7? Would it work then?

Argghh.....how cool would it have been to be able to apply all the image effects and tweaks FXAA Injector has to offer, to GPL? That makes me sad :(

Anyway thank you Drat and GeniePig for the detailed explanation it's a appreciated :)

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

The example-pics doesn't seem to do much other than desaturate a tad, and increase lightning - which monitor settings could do with no FPS-hit at all.

3. isamu

isamu Registered

Yeah it would be great if GPL had been designed with dx9 support :(

4. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Haha, would have been pretty foresighted of them, considering DX9 came out 4 years after GPL. =)

5. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I managed to make the plugin works to RFactor 2, however it doesn't for Rfactor 1. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

6. bbel

bbel Registered

Hi,
    FXAA injector does not work any more for me with the new Rfactor2 update 60.
    Is there any way to use it again ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Bbel

7. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Have you turned on FXAA explicitly? (Similarly, I'd imagine that's why it doesn't work with RF1 - no FXAA.)

8. taufikp

taufikp Registered

AFAIK, any d3d9.dll based injector won't work in rFactor (all versions) if the in-game anti-aliasing is enabled. When in-game anti-aliasing is disabled, injector like ENBSeries, FXAA, or SMAA can be used without problem.

However, with rFactor 2 build 60 (in game anti-aliasing disabled, in game HDR unchecked, in game FXAA unchecked), the anti-aliasing module found in FXAA injector seems to be blocked/not working. Other modules (HDR, ToneMap, etc) are still working normally. Haven't try ENBSeries and SMAA though.

EDIT:
    FXAA Injector's anti-aliasing module is working actually. I was saying FXAA injector AA is not working because I saw the windshield in F3 cockpit still have aliased/jagged line. But then I saw the steering wheel was smooth/anti-aliased. The round edge mirror outside cockpit was also affected. Maybe FXAA injector's anti-aliasing settings/parameters need to be tweaked.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
  9. MrPix

MrPix Registered

I've seen a thread regarding transparent entities (e.g. the windsheild on the F3) on this forum (with a response possibly from Tim or Luc) that states that this is still a WIP, but can't put my fingers/mouse on it.

10. taufikp

taufikp Registered

This aliased/jagged windshield in 1960 cars didn't happen with rF2 build 49 + FXAA Tools' anti-aliasing module. Maybe we found another rF2 oddities? :rolleyes:

11. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I can state with 100% certainty that ENBSeries at least works fine with in-game AA turned on.

12. bbel

bbel Registered

Thanks for answers, i will try FXAA on/off.
    I was very happy with FXAA injector with 49 version, so i hope it will be ok, i will report tests.
    Bbel

13. bbel

bbel Registered

Now FXAA injector works again !I don't know why but I've just delete config ini and it's ok. I can now setup as i want FXAA injector.
    Thanks again for your help.