Graphics Options Primer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flyin MacLean, May 28, 2012.

1. Flyin MacLean

Flyin MacLean Registered

Does anyone have a rundown of which graphics options are "worth the money" and which you can leave turned off/down etc.? I am on the new build and am experimenting with multiview and HDR etc. and even with a very, very stout rig I'm having a hard time getting a decent fps with triple screens. Multi-view seems to obliterate fps. The other graphic options seems to have little effect. Any advice on what settings have a big effect on fps would be much appreciated. I'd love to leave multiview on but it's just too much of a hit right now.

Cheers,
    ...Collin

2. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

If you value your framerate, I'd suggest turning off the following options...

• Sun Occlusion
    • Road Reflections
    • Environmental Reflections

3. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I'd add Shadows to the list of big FPS killers. It was in the previous build anyway, not sure if it has been improved on.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Does anyone know what actualy happens when you for example increase/decrease visible vehicles?

I remember an older sim, i think it was F1C, where people thinking decreasing track-distance (it was an option you could play with) would help their fps but it would only increase it because instead of calculating big chuncks (increased track-distance) the PC would be calculating smaller chuncks in a much more violent way to keep up and it only made it worse.

So i wonder if those things are still worthy of experimenting with because with my system i realy need to test it all to come up with a good solution for gfx vs preformance.