SOLVED Graphics keep resetting to 640 x 480 on Triple Screen (Ignore the problem and it will go away)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by stuboyle, Apr 23, 2024.

1. stuboyle

stuboyle Registered

When I go to Graphics -> Settings, resolution is 640 x 480 and Refresh Rate is 60 Hz. I then change resolution to 7,680 x 1440 and Refresh Rate changes to 0 Hz and it can't be changed. I turn on MultiView and select Apply. I then get in the cockpit and everything looks perfect. I get out of rF2 and when I go back in the graphics settings are reset back to 640 x 480.

Could someone help?

Setup: Triple screen 3 x 2560 x 1440, AMD Radeon 7900XT with Eyefinity turned OFF

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Assuming you've edited the Config_DX11.ini for your resolution and multiview, just ignore the settings menu. Jump in the car and use the triple tool to adjust the screens.

stuboyle likes this.
  3. stuboyle

stuboyle Registered

That appears to do the trick Lazza. It's a bit disconcerting though when I see in the menu doesn't match the config_dx11.ini file. Thanks!

4. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

OT

This is why I make config.ini mods with GMEs for rF2 and LMU.
    I use up to 6 resolutions between 2 monitors depending what I am doing.
    I don't want to have to boot steam, go into settings to make rF2 bring up config.exe, then run config.exe .... over and over :rolleyes:

With GME 1 click to disable a resolution 1 click to enable resolution OR you can do it in one click by just letting OVGME backup the last one but to me that is messy way.
    The alternative is about 12 clicks + more time. ;)

5. stuboyle

stuboyle Registered

I'm not familiar with GMEs.

6. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

GME = Generic Mod Enabler

Simple tools that let you pack anything for sims to install or uninstall with a click.
    The main advantage is they can overwrite and backup files.

But I find many ways to use them other then simply activating cars and tracks.

For instance config.ini
    I run 2 monitors separate and in extended mode and at all different resolutions.
    Like small window when packing testing mods
    DSR for good screenshots
    Extended when using both monitors so I can watch or do something on TV 4K while I watch a session race on the rig
    As well use them normally full screen windowed mode for running sims ( rF2 and LMU )

So ...... if I do the smart thing you set Steam to boot rF2.
    means every time I want to make a resolution change ........
    I got to go into steam settings change how rF2 starts
    go back do config
    reset rF2 to start again.

what a drama ! lol

Using GME mods for config.ini file I change res in 1 click, no steam no sim started.
    Not only that i do not need to have both monitors running at that particular minute.
    Like through steam you would need both running to set a extended aspect / res.
    As well the config.ini are set for monitor #1 or #2 or both. ( Gsync / TV )

So very helpful to me ..totally useless for most in that example but all other sorts of GME mods are open season ! ;)

But like I say there are many things, not just files but edited files you can inject for a certain combo / format whatever.

Like if you know GTR2 Essentials ? The big mod which gives you 1,000's of combos ?
    Well I made the Essentials mods for all gmotor.
    So I took GTR233 work in GTR2 and GTL and PnG and split it all into individual mods.
    So 7 different flames and sparks, 1 click pick what you want.
    Like I said in essentials you had every conceivable combo for 50 Anniversary mods at your fingertips

Lot easier then 50 browse copy paste let me tell ya ! :)
    P.S. I make the same config.ini mods for all my gmotor sims.

Also for sims like say AMS2 the only way to change resolution is to boot it right ?
    Wrong :) with GME mod it will boot right the first time and no messing with UI.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
  7. stuboyle

stuboyle Registered

Thanks for the explanation.