Graphics issues running SLI.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Rob Moore, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Rob Moore

Rob Moore Registered

Hi,

I've got a weird graphical problem when I run some (maybe just one) tracks, it did use to do the same thing on many other tracks but its all but gone away now apart from at least one i can see.

only at portimao 1.13.jpg

At the moment, I've not checked all tracks but on the Portimao v1.13 mod track by Digga i get this horrible green or turquoise colour issue, and the cars all appear bright orange. Game is playable it just looks all wrong.

I run triples in SLI with 2 Zotac GTX 1080Ti, 7700k 16gb ram. Game runs really well otherwise. I tried the same with Multiview off on a single monitor with SLI still on and the problem persists. I run them overclocked normally, but i tried it in default factory settings and again no luck. Nvidia driver is 419.35 WHQL which is the latest i believe. I have not tried with SLi off yet, but i cannot run the triples without SLI due to the way i've got it wired up. Assume it could be related to SLI perhaps. Or its a shader problem with this mod track?

I did try to clear the shaders and cbash folders like suggested elsewhere to solve graphics issues but this had no effect.

Has anyone else experienced this and or have a solution? I'm assuming this is something S397 has ironed out as I did used to get this same issue occasionally on demanding tracks like Sebring a few months ago, but it is fine now, but maybe some mod tracks still have issues?

2. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

Have 1080ti in SLI with the same driver. I had this issue long time ago, don't remember exactly but I think I just cleared the folder as suggested and it worked, so not much help here. Do you have any compatibility bits set? I use 0x024020F1 but with latest driver 0x0 seems to work as well as I had that for a while after updating, could also be that rF2 gfx have been updated since I tried bit settings.

What car/track layout are you using, I can load that combination and check, but my guess it related to your setup somehow.

3. Rob Moore

Rob Moore Registered

Thanks, yes I actually read that thread when you were having issues, and was useful to try and get Sebring to be playable with half decent graphics (like get it to run more than 60fps) with this OTT setup, and used the same SLI bits in DX11 which did help. I tried that code and the reference 0x0 one and both do the same thing on this track. This happens only on the Portimao v1.13 track which is a mod track to be fair. I was using the new S397 GT3 cars, not tried other cars.

Maybe i'll try clearing the folders again and run older cars on this track first without the shader upgrade.

4. Rob Moore

Rob Moore Registered

Nope that didn't work, not a car track issue.

Right so, going through a process of elimination I discovered when I turned all the graphics to the lowest / off settings it works.
    Then pushing them all back up one by one, BTW with Medium post processing on, Anti aliasing level 1, boarderless (for me rfactor 2 is more stable in this mode, rather than full screen plus I want some apps visible as overlays and also have the ability to alt-esc to jump in and out), everything back on full, except; anistropic on 8X, road reflections on low, when I turn environment reflections back on to just low it does the funky colours.
    Then I also discovered turning environment reflections upto high it also fixed the problem.
    Saying this all doing single screen, can't put triples back on right now as running it through google desktop. Fingers crossed that this works when i get home.

So for now making sure environment reflections is not set to low seems to be a quick fix for this very specific issue.

5. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

Interesting, it worked ok when I tested but my environment reflections is off if I remembering correct.
    I have rather high setting on everything now but have no problem with fullscreen at 100fps@7680x1440.

But have noted that with AI traffic, reflections was a fps killer (before it was shadows).
    Things changes so I will try with low now and see what it does.